General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

When a 'famous' person buys something from you

(1/6) > >>

Knitterly:
squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I have an etsy shop.  I sell something maybe once a month if I am lucky.  It's mostly a hobby thing. 

Today someone bought something from me.  My husband mentioned it to me and told me that it looked like the buyer was a writer of some sort.  I looked at the invoice. 
My eyes bugged out of my head and my jaw dropped.

She is literally my 3rd favourite author and I have four of her books out from the library (one complete series).  It takes me less than a week to finish one of her books.  I simply adore her. 

When I ship my items, I always include a personal note thanking the buyer, offering them a coupon for a future purchase, and saying how much I hope they return.
Would it be weird or offputting to also include a little note along the lines of "As an aside, I was so delighted when I saw your name as the buyer.  I am quite a fan of your works and am currently reading [book]"?

Acadianna:
Doesn't sound weird or off-putting to me!  If I were an author, I'd be delighted to read those words in your note.

BTW, may we please have a link to your Etsy shop?

Delia DeLyons:
How can you be sure it's not just someone with the same name though?

Knitterly:

--- Quote from: Delia DeLyons on July 06, 2013, 11:03:38 PM ---How can you be sure it's not just someone with the same name though?

--- End quote ---
Because her email address belongs to her professional domain.  Also because her etsy profile makes mention of her books.  ;)

jedikaiti:

--- Quote from: Knitterly on July 06, 2013, 11:12:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: Delia DeLyons on July 06, 2013, 11:03:38 PM ---How can you be sure it's not just someone with the same name though?

--- End quote ---
Because her email address belongs to her professional domain.  Also because her etsy profile makes mention of her books.  ;)

--- End quote ---

Then I say go for it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version