Author Topic: Humble Bundle - books  (Read 490 times)

GreenHall

Humble Bundle - books
« on: July 10, 2013, 05:51:09 PM »
I think it was here that I found out about the last Humble Bundle for books. 
The current one has a week left, and there are 4 books that you get with any donation (payment?).  There are 6 more books that are 'thrown in' if you donate more than the average.  Considering the current average, it is possible to get 10 books for a very relatively low price.  (xkcd book 0 is one of the unlockables!) 

I know there are other biliophiles (bibliomaniacs) on the boards, so thought I would make sure everyone knew about this.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Has anyone ever done this before?  I am actually feeling guilty about how little I have now paid for 10 books - can I add to my funding?

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
Re: Humble Bundle - books
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 05:57:22 PM »
I did ebook bundle 1, and liked it, but 2 of the "extra" books are the same as last time, and the others just don't appeal. I'll wait for bundle 3 if it comes out.
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 06:02:18 PM »
I did Bundle 1 as well, and am thinking about this one, too.

And yes, if you are feeling guilty, you can add to your contribution for up to 30 days after the offer ends, I believe.
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

illini

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 05:25:30 PM »
I picked this one up.  I've read Little Brother and Boneshaker before which were great.  Wil Wheaton's book was not bad either.