Author Topic: Justin Bieber gets worse (warning: body fluids)  (Read 12591 times)

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Justin Bieber gets worse (warning: body fluids)
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2013, 08:31:34 PM »
The fact that he was allowed to obtain Clinton's phone number in order to call and apologize personally really ticked me off. Talk about rewarding bad behavior! What kind of message does that send to him? You can do whatever you want and STILL get a direct number to a former President because you're Justin. Freaking. Beiber!! Ugh, spare me. If I vandalized the photo of a famous person while cursing said person I seriously doubt that person would spare 5 seconds for me to apologize.  ::)

I wish Clinton would have told his people to tell told Justin's people "Thanks for the offer but I'm not interested. He should, however, apologize to the restaurant staff!"

Nikko-chan

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2013, 02:28:32 AM »
The fact that he was allowed to obtain Clinton's phone number in order to call and apologize personally really ticked me off. Talk about rewarding bad behavior! What kind of message does that send to him? You can do whatever you want and STILL get a direct number to a former President because you're Justin. Freaking. Beiber!! Ugh, spare me. If I vandalized the photo of a famous person while cursing said person I seriously doubt that person would spare 5 seconds for me to apologize.  ::)

I wish Clinton would have told his people to tell told Justin's people "Thanks for the offer but I'm not interested. He should, however, apologize to the restaurant staff!"

Wait.... what!??!!? Can you link to the story please?

Also: I want to leave Ohio now >.<

Spring Water on Sundays

• We will never rest, fighting the battle of who could care less.
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2013, 02:10:23 PM »
There's an article on cracked.com by the girl who played Matilda on why child stars tend to go off the deep end.

The aforementioned article: http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-reasons-child-stars-go-crazy-an-insiders-perspective/
Very funny and insightful.

Also: Natalie Portman, Dakota Fanning, Jodie Foster and both Fred and Ben Savage :)

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:24:01 PM by Spring Water on Sundays »

Mikayla

« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2013, 01:01:05 PM »
Well, I got schooled!

But just to clarify, when I said "stars", I wasn't necessarily talking about every child who's been in a sitcom or TV series.  I meant ones who became and stayed household names at a really young age, more like the Mickey Rooney mold.

I'm not even sure Bieber qualifies per my specs.  (That's because I don't know how old he was when he became famous).  I do think it's different with teens, who at least have some kind of worldview based on reality.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2013, 01:27:43 PM »

Wait.... what!??!!? Can you link to the story please?

Also: I want to leave Ohio now >.<

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57593264/justin-bieber-apologizes-to-bill-clinton/

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2013, 04:16:42 PM »
But just to clarify, when I said "stars", I wasn't necessarily talking about every child who's been in a sitcom or TV series.  I meant ones who became and stayed household names at a really young age, more like the Mickey Rooney mold.

I'm still a little unclear on what you're asking, then.  I'm not sure what kind of "stars" you mean if not the ones mentioned.

However, you just named one yourself that's done pretty well for himself. ;)

miranova

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2013, 05:08:03 PM »
Why in the world is this not an arrestable offense?  Surely there must be a crime here.  This kid needs a dose of some real world consequences.  Would any random person get away with this?

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2013, 05:18:17 PM »
I would say it's vandalism, but I suppose if the restaurant tried pressing charges, people in suits would show up with wallets, going, "How much will it take to make this go away?"

I do fear that Bieber will one day find himself not surrounded any more by bodyguards or fixers. If he hasn't grown out of this stage yet, that will be painful.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Nikko-chan

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2013, 07:59:06 PM »
Is it bad that when I see new posts to this thread, my first thought before I even open it is "Oh crivins what did he do now!?"

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2013, 08:02:30 PM »
Is it bad that when I see new posts to this thread, my first thought before I even open it is "Oh crivins what did he do now!?"

Is it bad that my first thought is "do we have any popcorn?"

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2013, 09:47:36 PM »
I'm just hoping that One Direction and The Wanted can settle their boy band differences with a friendly game of hockey using a Bieber puck... hey, the Biebs likes hockey, right?
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

Coralreef

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2013, 09:13:57 AM »
He's not getting any better.  This morning I heard on the radio that he was spitting on his fans from his balcony at some hotel.  The funny part (to me) is that his grandmother apparently asked the media to leave him alone, that everyone did (stupid) things when they were young, the poor little boy doesn't need to be followed like that, bad media people! 

Commentary on the Huffington post : http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/jennifer-pellegrini/real-talk-for-justin-bieber_b_3664069.html

ETA : yes, I usually can spell  :-[
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 01:06:35 PM by Coralreef »

[/right

asb8

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2013, 06:13:53 PM »
Let's not forget geekdom demigod, Wil Wheaton!

Yes. And I'll give Wil props, because so many people disliked the character of Wesley Crusher, many were predisposed to dislike Wil. And yet, he was able to win the geekdom over by his own personality.

Yeah, but he won't hesitate to play the Memaw card.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but playing the Memaw card makes you a horrible person, in my mind.  ;)

As for child stars that have grown up fine, among those already mentioned there's Alison Arngrim, Matthew and Patrick Laborteaux, Melissa Sue Anderson, and quite a few others.  Yes, I love "Little House"!  Can you tell?! :)

Like posted above, we don't hear as much about the ones who grew up without incident because that's just not news.

You beat me to it!  I just finished her book and she's a hoot!

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »
The Clinton thing strikes me as being more out of control than the bucket thing.

If he was drinking, I could see someone foggily thinking "I need to go ... oh, there's a receptacle". It's gross, and shows a substance abuse issue, but it's not malicious.

But what exactly did Clinton ever do to him? Other than, maybe, being even better known, and for better reasons?

Funny I thought the opposite. A "civilian" had to clean up his mess at the restaurant and it may have effect the other patrons service but I don't believe Bill Clinton was effect in any way by Bieber rant and he has the training and practice to deal with insults.
I wasn't considering the thought being put into the acts but the ego needed to not care you caused some person to have to clean your pee up.

Redneck Gravy

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2013, 09:37:41 AM »
Let's not forget geekdom demigod, Wil Wheaton!

Yes. And I'll give Wil props, because so many people disliked the character of Wesley Crusher, many were predisposed to dislike Wil. And yet, he was able to win the geekdom over by his own personality.

Yeah, but he won't hesitate to play the Memaw card.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but playing the Memaw card makes you a horrible person, in my mind.  ;)

As for child stars that have grown up fine, among those already mentioned there's Alison Arngrim, Matthew and Patrick Laborteaux, Melissa Sue Anderson, and quite a few others.  Yes, I love "Little House"!  Can you tell?! :)

Like posted above, we don't hear as much about the ones who grew up without incident because that's just not news.

You beat me to it!  I just finished her book and she's a hoot!

Who's book?   

If it's good I want to read it too