Author Topic: Justin Bieber gets worse (warning: body fluids)  (Read 10053 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Justin Bieber gets worse (warning: body fluids)
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2013, 09:55:06 AM »
The Clinton thing strikes me as being more out of control than the bucket thing.

If he was drinking, I could see someone foggily thinking "I need to go ... oh, there's a receptacle". It's gross, and shows a substance abuse issue, but it's not malicious.

But what exactly did Clinton ever do to him? Other than, maybe, being even better known, and for better reasons?

Funny I thought the opposite. A "civilian" had to clean up his mess at the restaurant and it may have effect the other patrons service but I don't believe Bill Clinton was effect in any way by Bieber rant and he has the training and practice to deal with insults.
I wasn't considering the thought being put into the acts but the ego needed to not care you caused some person to have to clean your pee up.

I know from the other person's end, dealing with body fluids is worse than insults. And goodness knows, Bill Clinton has heard much, much worse, I'm sure.

However, from the offender's side, I think the bucket issue could have been simply due to being extremely intoxicated. Lots of young men who overindulge do stupid things, and I wouldn't write them all off as hopelessly rude (at least, not when sober). If this were the only part of the incident, and Bieber had not otherwise gone out of his way to be rude, I'd chalk it up as a learning experience on why we don't get that drunk in public.

But the Clinton thing shows an anger, a desire to be disrespectful. Which indicates that the bucket issue may well have been intentionally designed to degrade the staff at the restaurant. The two together paint a much darker picture.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2013, 10:45:42 AM »
Let's not forget geekdom demigod, Wil Wheaton!

Yes. And I'll give Wil props, because so many people disliked the character of Wesley Crusher, many were predisposed to dislike Wil. And yet, he was able to win the geekdom over by his own personality.

Yeah, but he won't hesitate to play the Memaw card.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but playing the Memaw card makes you a horrible person, in my mind.  ;)

As for child stars that have grown up fine, among those already mentioned there's Alison Arngrim, Matthew and Patrick Laborteaux, Melissa Sue Anderson, and quite a few others.  Yes, I love "Little House"!  Can you tell?! :)

Like posted above, we don't hear as much about the ones who grew up without incident because that's just not news.

You beat me to it!  I just finished her book and she's a hoot!

Who's book?   

If it's good I want to read it too

Alison Arngrim who played Nellie on Little House on the Prairie. The title is Confessions of a Prairie [female dog].

It was the first book I bought for my kindle and it's a great read, especially if you grew up on Little House like I did.

chicajojobe

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2013, 03:18:45 PM »
This really bugged me as someone who spent time working in retail.

Clinton was gracious, but I really felt like Justin Beiber calling him to apologize almost made the whole thing worse, and here's why...

1. Anyone who lived through his Presidency knows that Bill Clinton has a thick skin. As if he cared that a 19 year old pop singer insulted a picture of him...that is if he even knew about it before the apology! Considering that he work he does now is running a humanitarian foundation, I would assume he has better things to worry about. So it felt bit presumptuous of Beiber to assume Clinton was really that hurt.

2. Calling a former President of the United States personally to apologize asserts his own status and power.

3. There was no word on him apologizing to the restaurant staff even-though he wronged them much more than Clinton. He disrespected their property, and showed no regard for the fact that they'd have to clean up the mess he made.

4. Word has it Beiber used it as a networking opportunity, and mentioned to that he'd like to work with the Clinton Global Initiative. I guess apologizing to restaurant staff wouldn't further his career.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:08:36 PM by chicajojobe »

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2013, 04:38:37 PM »
This really bugged me as someone who spent time working in retail.

Clinton was gracious, but I really felt like Justin Beiber calling him to apologize almost made the whole thing worse, and here's why...

1. Anyone who lived through his Presidency knows that Bill Clinton has a thick skin. As if he cared that a 19 year old pop singer insulted a picture of him...that is if he even knew about it before the apology! Considering that he work he does now is running a humanitarian foundation, I would assume he as better things to worry about. So it felt bit presumptuous of Beiber to assume Clinton was really that hurt.

2. Calling a former President of the United States personally to apologize asserts his own status and power.

3. There was no word on him apologizing to the restaurant staff even-though he wronged them much more than Clinton. He disrespected their property, and showed no regard for the fact that they'd have to clean up the mess he made.

4. Word has it Beiber used it as a networking opportunity, and mentioned to that he'd like to work with the Clinton Global Initiative. I guess apologizing to restaurant staff wouldn't further his career.

I didn't look to see if he apologized to the restaurant staff. Assuming he did not , not that it just wasn't printed anywhere. Wow even his handlers are a bit messed up.  Clinton he could have apologized public no real need to call him but the staff he should have apologized in a way that made a difference to them.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2013, 04:46:15 PM »
Sharon Osborne feels sorry for him:

I feel really bad for him. There’s this little kid with a huge dream, he’s cute, girls love him, and he wants to be a mean boy, and he’s about as mean as a (bad word) kitten, and he’s trying to act out.

Poor Biebs - "as mean as a kitten". But I think she's on to something.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Hollanda

• Believe in yourself.
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2013, 04:55:33 PM »
There are pictures going round on Facebook that suggest he spat on a female fan. I hope that's not true.
Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.

Hillia

« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2013, 04:58:44 PM »
There are pictures going round on Facebook that suggest he spat on a female fan. I hope that's not true.

Yeah, TMZ (a shamefully entertaining gossip site) has pics of him spitting from a hotel balcony.  Justin and his PR team - probably the most woefully underpaid people in the industry - claim the pics were doctored.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2013, 05:18:26 PM »

I feel really bad for him. There’s this little kid with a huge dream, he’s cute, girls love him, and he wants to be a mean boy, and he’s about as mean as a (bad word) kitten, and he’s trying to act out.

Yeah, I've been saying he's trying so hard to be gangsta, but he just looks like a fool, a little boy, and spoiled brat.  There is no excuse for disgusting rudeness.  Sharone Osborne may feel bad for him, but I sure don't; I save that emotion for those he is abusing.

chicajojobe

« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2013, 06:14:40 PM »

I didn't look to see if he apologized to the restaurant staff. Assuming he did not , not that it just wasn't printed anywhere. Wow even his handlers are a bit messed up.  Clinton he could have apologized public no real need to call him but the staff he should have apologized in a way that made a difference to them.

My thoughts exactly. I haven't seen anything saying he apologized to the restaurant staff, so either he didn't do it or it isn't being reported.
Anyway, if he'd called both Clinton and the restaurant, or just the restaurant, then I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that it was just a drunken mistake and he's trying to make amends, but just calling Clinton (that we know of) felt just as arrogant as choosing to use a mop bucket as his personal toilet.

chicajojobe

« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2013, 06:18:07 PM »

Yeah, I've been saying he's trying so hard to be gangsta, but he just looks like a fool, a little boy, and spoiled brat.  There is no excuse for disgusting rudeness.  Sharone Osborne may feel bad for him, but I sure don't; I save that emotion for those he is abusing.

POD.

If he were just trying to go with the gangsta look, that's simply a fashion mistake. It doesn't make him a bad person, although I would love to shake him and scream "buy a cap that fits, you look ridiculous!"

It's his behavior though. I know he's a young man who was a child star and he's trying to rebel and assert his independence but can't since he's in the public eye. That doesn't excuse being rude to working people though, and this isn't the first time he's done that.

Spring Water on Sundays

• We will never rest, fighting the battle of who could care less.
« Reply #70 on: August 01, 2013, 09:21:57 AM »
He's granted dozens of wishes (more than any other musician, actually: http://www.j-14.com/posts/justin-bieber-to-break-record-for-most-wishes-granted-69) through Make A Wish which REALLY makes me want to like him. I wish he would start acting like a person in other aspects of his life so I could.

Goosey

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2013, 10:26:24 AM »
I think he's got a God Complex. He's been worshipped and idolized too long, so he thinks everyone else is beneath him - so much so that he can use and abuse them however he wants. That coupled with some bodyguards that keep him from suffering the results of his actions - even illegal ones - means he knows no boundaries and doesn't think he has any because he's The Biebs. I'm hoping his fans are becoming disillusioned with this idol status of his.

Springs Water on Sundays - I think he does the MAW stuff because he likes the attention.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2013, 10:36:49 AM »
He's also a teenager. Teenagers try to establish their individuality by pushing against boundaries. When you're rich, adored by fans, and travelling much of the time without parental guidance, boundaries are going to be very hard to find. I suppose it's a good thing that he's (so far) merely been bratty, and not dangerous.

Black Delphinium

• The Black Flower
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2013, 10:41:21 AM »
He's also a teenager. Teenagers try to establish their individuality by pushing against boundaries. When you're rich, adored by fans, and travelling much of the time without parental guidance, boundaries are going to be very hard to find. I suppose it's a good thing that he's (so far) merely been bratty, and not dangerous.
He's put at least 1 person in the hospital with his driving this year alone...
When angels go bad, they go worse than anyone. Remember, Lucifer was an angel. ~The Marquis De Carabas

Spring Water on Sundays

• We will never rest, fighting the battle of who could care less.
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2013, 10:42:31 AM »
I think he's got a God Complex. He's been worshipped and idolized too long, so he thinks everyone else is beneath him - so much so that he can use and abuse them however he wants. That coupled with some bodyguards that keep him from suffering the results of his actions - even illegal ones - means he knows no boundaries and doesn't think he has any because he's The Biebs. I'm hoping his fans are becoming disillusioned with this idol status of his.

Springs Water on Sundays - I think he does the MAW stuff because he likes the attention.

Probably, but it makes the kids happy so I don't care why he does it :)

I think he's rapidly going the way of Britney and Lindsay, and at a younger age than either of them when they hit rock-bottom. It's sad he didn't have any adults looking out for his best interests back when it might have made a difference. I mean, if a 15 year old is constantly being screamed at by the whole world that he's amazing and awesome and hot, and there's no one there to help him put things into context and stay centered, of course he's going to turn into this. Kid didn't stand a chance.