Author Topic: Keeping kitty's food and water in separate places . . .  (Read 3630 times)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
Re: Keeping kitty's food and water in separate places . . .
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2013, 01:28:48 AM »
My dear departed Samba also loved to have the bath tub faucet turned on.  He would try to bite the water and grab it in his paws, then once his feet and face were good and wet, he would lick all the water off.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

greencat

« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2013, 03:55:06 AM »
My current animals - cats and dog - all prefer drinking from the toilet bowl.  I get yelled at by them if I leave the lid down.

My ex's cat used to play in the water bowl.  We originally blamed the dogs for the way that water would always end up all over the floor.  At one point, we bought one of those water-dispenser things - the ones that use the bottle that looks like office water coolers.  It was a fairly large one because it was providing water for the two big dogs we had and the cats.  It held something like two gallons.  The cat splashed all two gallons out on the floor.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2013, 08:29:29 AM »
My cat will splash out all of the water from his bowl, then get upset he has no water.  ::)

magicdomino

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2013, 11:02:24 AM »

My ex's cat used to play in the water bowl.  We originally blamed the dogs for the way that water would always end up all over the floor.  At one point, we bought one of those water-dispenser things - the ones that use the bottle that looks like office water coolers.  It was a fairly large one because it was providing water for the two big dogs we had and the cats.  It held something like two gallons.  The cat splashed all two gallons out on the floor.

I had a one gallon version of the water dispenser.  Magic loved it; I didn't.  Like your cat, Magic would splash out as much water as possible, so that she could have a completely fresh bowl each time.   ::)

Jocelyn

« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2013, 08:57:47 PM »
Benedict will come into the bathroom when I am brushing my teeth, and he wants the faucet on to drink from it. There is always a delicate situation when I need to spit. ::)
Recently, Melissa has been joining Benedict, but watching without drinking.