General Etiquette > Life...in general

Seasonal Moaners

<< < (2/16) > >>

Thipu1:
There's really nothing you can do except bean dip or make a joke of it. 

If someone complains about the never-ending rain, a comment like 'Yeah.  Our floor lamps are starting to grow moss' or 'Last night I saw the zoo animals heading for the port in pairs' may be in order. 

The weather affects everyone.  We're all sweltering or sick of the snow.   

LeveeWoman:

--- Quote from: Thipu1 on July 13, 2013, 08:36:11 AM ---There's really nothing you can do except bean dip or make a joke of it. 

If someone complains about the never-ending rain, a comment like 'Yeah.  Our floor lamps are starting to grow moss' or 'Last night I saw the zoo animals heading for the port in pairs' may be in order. 

--- End quote ---

If you're from the South, a good play on the ever-present humidity is "It's not the heat; it's the stupidity."

Thipu1:

--- Quote from: LeveeWoman on July 13, 2013, 08:43:55 AM ---
--- Quote from: Thipu1 on July 13, 2013, 08:36:11 AM ---There's really nothing you can do except bean dip or make a joke of it. 

--- End quote ---

If you're from the South, a good play on the ever-present humidity is "It's not the heat; it's the
stupidity."

--- End quote ---

That is a quip I must remember.  Thanks.

This thread reminds me of William Butler Yeats.  He wrote about an uncle who was extremely negative about weather.  On the day after the Summer Solstice uncle would complain, 'How short the days are getting!'

On a particularly warm day in London, Yeats brought his uncle into the reading room of the British Museum to cool off.  What was the uncle's response?

'This place must be horribly difficult to heat in the winter'. 

You just can't please some people.  All you can do is laugh it off.

audrey1962:
Some people just like to complain. I ignore them.

GratefulMaria:
I have a really hard time in the heat:  unmotivated, uncomfortable, and probably unendurable to be around.  But a girlfriend of mine loves it and we're always emailing back and forth about it.  "Did you order up this heat wave?"  "Eww, partly cloudy, low 60's, and breezy, you must be happy! :-)"

But, oh, the universally negative.  A friend of DH's describes someone like that as "so hard to please, you could give her a million dollars and she'd complain the bag is too heavy."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version