General Etiquette > Life...in general

Take your time - more checkout lane discussion

<< < (6/6)

Betelnut:
I like to totally put away change and/or my debit card before moving on.  Any time that I have simply thrown stuff into my purse, I've regretted it later.  15 seconds to put things away saves minutes later.  I would hope that other people in line would understand that...

jaxsue:

--- Quote from: Betelnut on July 20, 2013, 09:52:27 AM ---I like to totally put away change and/or my debit card before moving on.  Any time that I have simply thrown stuff into my purse, I've regretted it later.  15 seconds to put things away saves minutes later.  I would hope that other people in line would understand that...

--- End quote ---

I'm okay with that, but sometimes people have taken a lot of time (in shopping terms) to arranged their wallet, etc. One time a woman in front of me finished her transaction, then stood there fiddling with the inside of her purse. After about 1 minute the cashier and I looked at each other questioningly, because I couldn't even get near the scanner to use my debit card. The woman took so long that everyone in line was noticing the hold-up. She was really clueless, and annoyed pretty much everyone behind her.

siamesecat2965:

--- Quote from: Betelnut on July 20, 2013, 09:52:27 AM ---I like to totally put away change and/or my debit card before moving on.  Any time that I have simply thrown stuff into my purse, I've regretted it later.  15 seconds to put things away saves minutes later.  I would hope that other people in line would understand that...

--- End quote ---

I do as well, but there is a difference between someone taking 15 seconds to put their card back in the wallet, and wallet back in their pocket or purse, and someone who feels the need to re-arrange their receipts, so this one is in a certain place, and re-arrange their wallet, and then dig for this and that. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version