General Etiquette > Life...in general

Generic Graduation Thank you.

<< < (6/6)

Lady Snowdon:
I really don't like the photographic TY notes that seem to be spreading in popularity for weddings/graduations.  They take sooo long to arrive for the HC/graduate and then it takes even longer to go through the postal system. 

The photographer that DH and I hired for our wedding offered to do photographic TY notes, and the process that she set forth was just too much.  First we'd meet with her sometime after our honeymoon to pick out the photos we wanted.  Then she'd create what we wanted, and we'd either meet with her and confirm or do that via email.  Then she'd have to send it away somewhere to actually be done.  When the notes came in, she'd call us and we'd have to go to her studio and pick them up.  We went through that process for some photo albums we wanted and it took 3 months!  We were married in August and didn't get the last bits we'd ordered until just before Thanksgiving. 

Whenever there's been a long delay with notes and we end up getting a photographic one, I always just assume the delay was due to the process of getting the notes themselves, not people procrastinating. 

bopper:
Part of the reason of a thank you note is to acknowledge that they received your gift.  That they did.
The other reason is to show genuine thanks.  That they did not.

If this bothers you, then you know not to send a gift for the wedding announcement you are sure to get sometime in the future.

Daquiri40:

--- Quote ---I really don't like the photographic TY notes that seem to be spreading in popularity for weddings/graduations.  They take sooo long to arrive for the HC/graduate and then it takes even longer to go through the postal system.
--- End quote ---

I got one of these for my niece's graduation.  I didn't care for it either.  I gave a generous $$$ gift and felt like it wasn't really acknowledged.  I do not need a ten page letter but a handwritten thank you would have been nice.

MariaE:

--- Quote from: Lady Snowdon on July 22, 2013, 06:43:20 AM ---I really don't like the photographic TY notes that seem to be spreading in popularity for weddings/graduations.  They take sooo long to arrive for the HC/graduate and then it takes even longer to go through the postal system. 

--- End quote ---

I'm the exact opposite. I don' care about 'formal' TY notes at all (send me an email, thank me in person or over the phone, I don't care) except for the photographic ones. And I'll be honest, if I attended a (Danish) wedding or baptism and receive a non photographic TY note, I would get slightly disappointed. Fortunately that's never happened  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version