Author Topic: man who spends all his money partying tries to crowdfund buying a house  (Read 3892 times)

Drunken Housewife

• still coherent
    • my blog
I'm actually relieved that he was shamed into giving this up.  Crowdfunding is getting out of control, in my opinion.  http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5023145/party-boy-begs-web-users-for-5000-to-buy-a-house.html
http://www.drunkenhousewife.com

Jocelyn

It is just amazing how many people feel that their dreams are so much more important than other peoples', that other people should fund them instead of their own.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
So does this mean I shouldn't try to Kickstart my retirement?  >:D
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
I love how for him giving up alcohol for 5 whole months is an "unbelievable sacrifice".  I'm glad he was embarrassed enough to take the page down.  He should be.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

nutraxfornerves

We had a similarly entitled person on the travel bard where I hang out. She said she'd always wanted to take a long, extensive trip, but didn't have the money, so asked for crowdsource donations. She added a note along the lines of "Moderators, please don't delete this. After all, you were young and poor at one time."

The moderators were apparently not sympathetic as it didn't last long.

Nutrax
The plural of anecdote is not data

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
If my ex husband was still alive, I would think he did this.  Partying was always his first responsibility over his bills..including child support.  By the time he passed he died in February he was over $60,000 in arrears..for one child.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Amazing. This kind of thing just grates on my last nerve. I'm 47 and still don't own a home. I rent a one BR apt, and while I'd like to own my own home i don't make enough in the area I live in to really afford one, and I have some debt. of my own doing. But you know what, I suck it up and deal. NOT bug people I don't know to contribute and help me buy one!

Lynn2000

• Super Hero!
I always think, "What if you built a fundraising website, and nobody donated?" Like, it just sat there in awkward Internet silence, with the "total" sign at $0. Maybe people would just stop trying.

Even if the person doesn't make their goal, but someone gave them money, I always think, "Who was that person, that thought this was a worthy thing to do with their own money?" Then again I don't understand who gives money to the email spammers, not even the clever ones but just the average ones that fill up my junk box every day, making it a profitable enough scam that they don't fade away...
~Lynn2000

Jocelyn

OOH.
I challenge the Ehellions to post the most worthless fundraising appeals they can think of here. A prize of One Internet is at stake!

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
I take that challenge Jocelyn....

Dear EHellions
    Life has been a bit tough lately..to make me feel better, I want a pony.  Not just any pony, but a pretty pony.  Of course, I will need a barn built in my backyard, so I will gladly accept for any carpenters to come build that.  And of course, my pony (that will make me sooooo happy) will need food, so if everyone can take a turn, say once a week, drop off bales of hay and bags of oats.  Oh, it, well, as cute as they are, ponies poop, and well, I can't be expected to clean that up..so again, everyone sign up for a turn of mucking.  Oh, and riding gear..I will need riding gear..I really can't wear used, my delicate skin will only allow brand new fabrics against it.  Can that please be overnighted.  Again, I know you all have been a bit down before and would just lovelovelove to help a fellow Ehellion out, just to see me smile again.  If you find you can't build, or haul, or muck, please feel free to send me cash!

*inviteseller

HorseFreak

I take that challenge Jocelyn....

Dear EHellions
    Life has been a bit tough lately..to make me feel better, I want a pony.  Not just any pony, but a pretty pony.  Of course, I will need a barn built in my backyard, so I will gladly accept for any carpenters to come build that.  And of course, my pony (that will make me sooooo happy) will need food, so if everyone can take a turn, say once a week, drop off bales of hay and bags of oats.  Oh, it, well, as cute as they are, ponies poop, and well, I can't be expected to clean that up..so again, everyone sign up for a turn of mucking.  Oh, and riding gear..I will need riding gear..I really can't wear used, my delicate skin will only allow brand new fabrics against it.  Can that please be overnighted.  Again, I know you all have been a bit down before and would just lovelovelove to help a fellow Ehellion out, just to see me smile again.  If you find you can't build, or haul, or muck, please feel free to send me cash!

*inviteseller

Don't forget that you rescued the pony so you should get free vet care for life! So what if you rescued it from a irresponsible parent of the human variety and it cost $10,000?

katycoo

I am actually fine with this - because it serves to show society what a hopeless fool they are.

P12663

• I can take dragons. Or give them away. Honest.
OOH.
I challenge the Ehellions to post the most worthless fundraising appeals they can think of here. A prize of One Internet is at stake!

Send My Husband to Antarctica

I wish to go to Africa - Tansania to be more precise.  My husband won't let me.  He says that since I've been to Africa (east and south) three times already, it is time to go somewhere he wishes to go.  (Which is just not right!)  Antarctica is the only continent he has never visited and so that is where the next trip will be.

But travel to Antarctica is expensive (why, you could almost go to Tansania twice for that money!) and the Big Trip Fund does not yet have enough money.  This is where you come in.  Donate enough money to our Big Trip Fund to send DH to Antarctica and then I will be able to go back to the Serengeti!  WIN!WIN!

In return, I will seriously think about posting pictures of my trip here.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
Since when is raising money to send a husband to a barren continent worthless?   ;D ;D

P12663

• I can take dragons. Or give them away. Honest.
Let me get back to you on that one.

(lol!)