Author Topic: More beds than people, but...  (Read 11463 times)

m2kbug

Re: More beds than people, but...
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2013, 03:27:47 AM »
It seems to me, Estelle has a bit of a hard time saying "no" and establishing some boundaries.  Chris' parents should have asked permission first if E&E would be okay sharing their space, and either one of these two adults, probably Estelle, since this is her family, could have said "no."  Estelle needs to work on that spine of hers.

On the other hand, I don't think full privacy is something that should be fully expected in this situation unless someone has their own trailer, RV, tent, or what-have-you.  If the bunker is considered "common area" by the owners and should be expected to accommodate four people, whoever gets the bunker should probably expect that they might have to share, depending on the number of people that need accommodations, the same as the living room hide-a-bed. 

This situation, however, was out of line.  Permission should have been asked.  There were plenty of other accommodations for Chris to make use of.  He could have stayed in the trailer with his folks. 

This issue with Alma continues to bother me.  Now she has a baby, so she gets claim on the prime spot in the cabin all the while they have their very own camper??  A-hem, what's wrong with this picture?   

It does sound like a great time, despite some various hassles.   :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:33:57 AM by m2kbug »

HoneyBee42

« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2013, 07:57:41 AM »
You're right--having the baby really doesn't seem to be a reason why couple A + baby couldn't use the camper, parents continue to use the master bedroom, couple E gets the "good bedroom" and couple C + children get the bunk house + loft + tent/pullout bed options. 

But then, with circumstances like that, I'd be opting for the nearby hotel if I were Estelle. 

ShadowLady

• My mind is like a steel trap-illegal in 13 states.
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2013, 11:25:12 AM »

This issue with Alma continues to bother me.  Now she has a baby, so she gets claim on the prime spot in the cabin all the while they have their very own camper??  A-hem, what's wrong with this picture?   

I agree with those who said Estelle needs to grow a spine.  And the "A's" should use their camper, after all, that was why they bought it, one presumes.

That family is giving preferential treatment to Alma, and trampling all over Estelle.