Author Topic: UK Wedding dress- Does the wedding party change between events?  (Read 882 times)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
The other thread about UK wedding dress code had me wondering.

If the male members of the wedding party wears morning attire for the ceremony and wedding breakfast/lunch, do they change into evening attire for the reception?

If male guests wear a morning suit, do they change before the evening events?

paintpots

Re: UK Wedding dress- Does the wedding party change between events?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 12:00:16 PM »
As a general rule, no.

They might take their jackets off (if the groom has done so), revealing rather smart waistcoats, and the waistcoats might come off if they're being particularly energetic dancing (formality rather goes down hill at this point), but there isn't generally a change of clothes.

NestHolder

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 02:30:20 PM »
It's certainly not required, but they may do.  I've known women change from formal daywear (and hats!) to evening dresses for the dancing part of the reception, but you need to be very well prepared and have somewhere to change—if the reception is in a hotel, it can be done, but they aren't always.

Men just tend to remove an upper layer (or two).

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2013, 03:32:48 PM »
Thanks. Was curious if wedding party had to hire a morning suit and also an evening suit for formal events.

veryfluffy

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2013, 04:19:58 PM »
In general, a wedding with morning suits would probably involve a daytime reception, ie wedding breakfast. I think I have only been to one that also had an evening do, and I'm fairly sure people didn't change for that.