General Etiquette > Life...in general

Romantic talk on Facebook wall

(1/25) > >>

veronaz:
Why do couples who live together (or are even married) post various ‘terms of endearment” on Facebook?

“I love you soooo much.”
“I’m so glad you’re in my life, sweetheart.”
“I believe in you and I know you are there for me, baby.”

These people are adults and live under the same roof; they see each other every day/night!  Can’t they just tell each other face to face?  Or is this a way of letting others know about their mutual affection for each other? (which is nice, but….  ::) )

It reminds me of carving a heart with initials on a tree in junior high school.  I'm all for love and romance, and it's not something that really bothers me but I don't understand this trend.

artk2002:
That's how they use FB. If you don't like it, don't follow their feeds.

veronaz:

--- Quote from: artk2002 on July 23, 2013, 05:35:41 PM ---That's how they use FB. If you don't like it, don't follow their feeds.

--- End quote ---

So, you don't have an opinion as to the reason; just a snarky retort.  Okay.

Jones:
I always equated it to the couple who posts notes on the bathroom mirror. Kinda sweet, IMO.

veronaz:

--- Quote from: Jones on July 23, 2013, 05:40:13 PM ---I always equated it to the couple who posts notes on the bathroom mirror. Kinda sweet, IMO.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I guess.  One young couple who works hectic (opposite) shifts does it a lot, and I guess it's just a way of saying "I'm thinking of you."

Oh, well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version