Author Topic: "Graduation" Participation  (Read 6791 times)

camlan

• Super Hero!
Re: "Graduation" Participation
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2013, 10:00:16 AM »
At Oxford University, they have a specific dress code for the clothing worn under an academic gown--basically, it's a dark suit, white shirt, dark shoes thing, with a white tie for men and a black tie for women. It is not optional. And the students have to wear their gowns to classes every day.
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

Pandora

« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2013, 10:19:12 AM »
 What does the child think? Does she wish to participate?

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2013, 10:30:26 AM »
My DD's *th grade dance was semi formal..the girls all wore fancy party dresses, not full length gowns, and while some were strapless, I couldn't believe how stunning and tasteful they all looked (was expecting some 'hooker' styles).  Of course my DD was the most beautiful  ::) ::) !  The boys all wore suits.  To me, it was amazing to see these kids, some of whom I have known since kindergarten, who I coached in soccer, who were scrawny little things turn into these beautiful and handsome young adults (ok, ok, my friend and I had tears in our eyes when we dropped off and stood with the other parents as they did a promenade).  But there was no limos, no OTT outfits, corsages, or behavior and even the principal sent out a letter to all the students and parents as to how proud he was of the behavior that night.  They had the awards ceremony the last day of school..nothing fancy and nothing OTT.  I probably would have rolled my eyes to have her in a cap and gown, but allowed her to participate if she wanted.