Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Coordination, perhaps?

(1/3) > >>

Thipu1:
At the beginning of July, I asked for advice on how to manage the gift of a check as a Wedding gift.  As is usual here, E-Hellions provided thoughtful and useful suggestions for which we are thankful. 

Now we have a new situation connected to this Wedding that I thought the good folks here might find humorous. 

We sent our regrets to the parents of the Bride on July 2.  Yesterday July 24, we received an invitation from the Groom's parents to the rehearsal dinner and bowling party on the night before the Wedding.  It's a whimsical and nicely-made postcard invitation.  It came in an envelope with a 'Celebrate' stamp and the address was hand-written.  In short, time and thought went into this invitation. We appreciate being included but have sent our regrets for this event as well.   

I don't know how these things work but it seems there was plenty of time for the parents of the Bride to communicate to the parents of the Groom which guests had already sent regrets and have those guests removed from the rehearsal dinner list.  At the very least it would save time and postage. 

Have others here encountered something like this?

StuffedGrapeLeaves:
I've sent regrets to the wedding and still receive invitations to other wedding-related events, including rehearsal dinners and the day-after brunch. 

I think the thought is that if you are going to invite them to these events anyway, go ahead and send the invitations because maybe they can make the other events even if they can't make the wedding itself.   

Hmmmmm:
Agree with the above and sometimes it is about the "honor" of being invited to the special events.

My newphew was married a few months ago. My sister knew months in advance that we would not be able to go to the rehearsal dinner she was hosting (DD's prom the same night in our city) and would be "just" making to their city for the wedding. I still received invitations for the rehearsal dinner and the bridal luncheon held the day of the wedding.

TootsNYC:
I think it's perfectly reasonable for the hosts of other wedding events to say, "we're inviting them anyway, even if they aren't coming to the wedding, because we want them to know that we *wish* to include them."

Especially do I think it's a good move for the other side of the family, to indicate to their new "connections" that they have hospitable feelings toward them.

Also, what if your plans changed? They would want you to feel welcome.

Do you feel upset that they invited you to the rehearsal dinner? How is that wrong of them?

jpcher:

--- Quote from: StuffedGrapeLeaves on July 25, 2013, 10:41:13 AM ---I think the thought is that if you are going to invite them to these events anyway, go ahead and send the invitations because maybe they can make the other events even if they can't make the wedding itself.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version