Author Topic: Baby shower - gifting off registry  (Read 2501 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Re: Baby shower - gifting off registry
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2013, 10:24:58 AM »
No need to return your gift and buy one off the registry. As someone else pointed out, they are merely a suggestion, but its never required to buy a gift only from there. Most of the time I don’t buy off the registry, because I enjoy the challenge of coming up with a gift I know someone would like, use, need, fits their lifestyle, etc. For me that’s half the fun.

And you can never go wrong with baby “basics” – such as you bought.

chicajojobe

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2013, 05:19:52 PM »
I really believe that you can never have enough bibs. 
And the spoons & sippy cups will be useful four to six+ months down the line; a lot of shower presents are geared toward newborns. 
I think this sounds like a great, and practical gift.

Yeah that was kind of my intention. I worked in a children's clothing store for a year and one complaint I heard a lot was that all the shower gifts were 'newborn' things. Some mothers even saying that their baby was too big for newborn size clothes strait out of the womb!

chicajojobe

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 06:01:44 PM »
Hello everyone.

The shower went great. This was actually my first baby shower ever, so I'm happy about that.

There were a few cute outfits (but not too cute), and lots of practical items as well so my gift fit in really well. Gotta love being in a group of offbeat women. No one expects you to buy frilly newborn size dresses or designer diaper bags.