General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Bruce Willis and His Interview

(1/8) > >>

MamaMootz:
I watched the video and really didn't think it was *that* bad. You can tell he's not into the interview and Mary Louise Parker is trying to smooth things over, but really- I think he was just being Bruce Willis. I don't think he was "hostile".... do you?

Video here:
http://kism.com/news/video-bruce-willis-turns-hostile-during-interview/

Twik:
Ouch, I'd say the hostility was oozing right out before he even started to speak. His body language is signalling trouble from the start.

I'm not sure what his issue was. Yes, he's doing sales for the movie. That's his choice, and part of why he's paid more than most of us will make in a lifetime for one movie. The interviewer is doing his job, by asking him about the movie.

If Willis feels he's above these types of interviews, he shouldn't schedule them, not go and be snarky to the interviewer who is part of the system that makes Willis a star. If he doesn't like it, he should stop making feature films.

I presume there's a backstory here why Willis so clearly did not want to be there.

MamaMootz:
I don't really think it was that bad - everyone has bad days every now and then. Maybe he was tired, maybe he was in pain, maybe this was the 10,000th interview they had to give that day and he was having an off day.

No it doesn't excuse being snarky to the interviewer, but I don't think he was that snarky.

Twik:
He was very hostile, and seemed determined not to let the interviewer actually get an interview.

I'm sure there was a reason for it, but it appears rather strange to show u for an interview and not let yourself be interviewed.

katycoo:

--- Quote from: Twik on July 28, 2013, 12:45:36 PM ---Ouch, I'd say the hostility was oozing right out before he even started to speak. His body language is signalling trouble from the start.

I'm not sure what his issue was. Yes, he's doing sales for the movie. That's his choice, and part of why he's paid more than most of us will make in a lifetime for one movie. The interviewer is doing his job, by asking him about the movie.

If Willis feels he's above these types of interviews, he shouldn't schedule them, not go and be snarky to the interviewer who is part of the system that makes Willis a star. If he doesn't like it, he should stop making feature films.

I presume there's a backstory here why Willis so clearly did not want to be there.

--- End quote ---

Its not really his choice.  These kinds of interviews are usually part of your contract.  of course, he could quit acting, but that's extreme.  That said, its part of his job.  he should try to do it with a better attitude.
I am sypathetic though. These interviews are often done on media days where theyliterally do back to back interviews for hours.  It must be so old...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version