General Etiquette > Family and Children

Had to pull out of bday party

<< < (2/3) > >>

onyonryngs:
I'm not sure what you're asking... Is this about nap schedules or how to turn down an invite at the last minute because you didn't mention anything about whether or not the host had an issue with it.  This is normal stuff that happens with kids that age and other parents do understand usually, but it doesn't sound like anyone had an issue with this either.

baglady:
Three words: Not feeling well. That covers a lot of ground, from "so sick I can't get out of bed" to "exhausted and not up for socializing." I bailed on a gathering last-minute just this week for the latter reason. I'd been looking forward to it, but between a bat-poo-crazy week at work and a traffic jam that would have caused me to miss dinner at the event, I was a puddle of meltdowny madness. And I'm waaaay older than your DS. Not feeling well was the excuse I gave, and nobody questioned it. It was one of those "stuff happens" situations.

This wasn't your best friend's wedding. It was a kid's birthday party. She will have others.

Hollanda:
Nah th Mum didn't have a problem. I was kind of querying my decision to text her, maybe I should've called. I figured that she would be busy getting the party ready. I don't usually text anything of significance, as they have too much scope for misunderstanding. 

Given the incredible weather tonight and DS not sleeping great, I'm satisfied we made the right choice. :)

Thanks folks.

Virg:
If you had a reasonable belief that the text would reach her, then texting is fine for such notifications.  As to backing out of the party, illness is one of the etiquette-approved reasons for backing out of an RSVP so you're fine there.

Virg

TootsNYC:

--- Quote from: onyonryngs on July 28, 2013, 04:39:39 PM ---I'm not sure what you're asking... Is this about nap schedules or how to turn down an invite at the last minute because you didn't mention anything about whether or not the host had an issue with it.  This is normal stuff that happens with kids that age and other parents do understand usually, but it doesn't sound like anyone had an issue with this either.

--- End quote ---

Maybe she's not asking anything--that's not required here at all. Maybe she's just telling an etiquette story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version