A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Am I an SS mom?

<< < (11/11)

jpcher:
I forgot to clarify that DD#2 does still live at home and does not pay rent nor car maintenance/insurance.

This is the first job that she's ever had other than babysitting & lawn mowing for one of the neighbors (plus community volunteering and school . . . she's always been a busy girl.)

--- Quote from: Oh Joy on July 29, 2013, 05:21:58 PM ---But that's not the dynamic she's choosing, so I suggest you have a new baseline discussion with her.  'Now that you're done with school and getting established in your career salon, how do you think we should handle who cuts my hair?'  If she chooses to treat you the same as any other salon client, you can choose to treat her the same as any other stylist in deciding where to have your hair cut.  And I don't mean this in a punitive or zero-sum way.

Best wishes!

--- End quote ---

Bold above -- funny you should mention a baseline discussion . . . not necessarily about the haircuts . . . I see a new thread looming ;)

--- Quote from: asb8 on July 30, 2013, 04:28:00 PM ---Another factor to consider here, does the OP's daughter's workplace have rules about providing her service outside the workplace?  I know that several places I worked specifically forbade freelance work because they didn't want us poaching away clients.

--- End quote ---

That's a good point. I'll have to ask her about this.

Tea Drinker:
FWIW, knowing that she still lives with you changes the calculation somewhat: you're not saying "I want you to drive to my house so I don't have to drive to your job," because she's making that trip home anyhow. (That's not the only factor, especially given that her employer may have rules about her working outside the salon, but it means the inconvenience isn't equal.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version