General Etiquette > Techno-quette

Death of a Facebook Friend

<< < (3/3)

bansidhe:

--- Quote from: squeakers on August 02, 2013, 06:52:29 PM ---I find that sweet.. what I find creepy are the ones that are not Memorialized and game friends are still posting game stuff to the wall. 
--- End quote ---

Yes - and the deceased person still shows up to people as a suggested friend.   :(

No clue what my deceased friend's family or real-life friends will opt to do, if anything, but I like the "memorialization" idea for my own Facebook page (if it's still around when I go).

cabbagegirl28:

--- Quote from: bansidhe on August 03, 2013, 02:33:46 AM ---
--- Quote from: squeakers on August 02, 2013, 06:52:29 PM ---I find that sweet.. what I find creepy are the ones that are not Memorialized and game friends are still posting game stuff to the wall. 
--- End quote ---

Yes - and the deceased person still shows up to people as a suggested friend.   :(

No clue what my deceased friend's family or real-life friends will opt to do, if anything, but I like the "memorialization" idea for my own Facebook page (if it's still around when I go).

--- End quote ---

That happened to me two days after my private clarinet teacher died. I was looking for something happy, and my teacher popped up in my suggested friends list. I thought that I couldn't cry any more, between the grief and the tears of pain from my wisdom teeth removal. Nope.

bansidhe, I hope that the giving of news wasn't too upsetting. Condolences on your loss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version