Author Topic: " I know we had plans, but I made others that don't include you."  (Read 23564 times)

Goosey

Re: " I know we had plans, but I made others that don't include you."
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 02:52:42 PM »
So, you and your friend had solid plans and a schedule for which YOU had shelled out money and for no good reason whatsoever, she bailed last minute and YOU had to track her down to get her to tell you that?

Yeah, I'd say she owes you some money with a side of groveling apologizing. I'd say you'd have more luck getting the money.

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2013, 03:20:41 PM »
  Yes she should pay you back.  I will add if someone else goes with you and offers to pay for the ticket you should not charge both of them. (not that I think you would)

Wow how weird was her answer. I would understand a romantic partner not wanting their SO to attend a couples event without them. It's something some might say as a joke if they couldn't attend because of an emergency but only as a joke. 

Aquamarine

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2013, 03:21:23 PM »
Yes she should pay.  This person is not a friend, you need to seek out a better quality person for friends.
Always be polite, even to nasty people. Not because they are nice, but because you are.

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2013, 03:37:54 PM »
Wow, that's just nuts.  She definitely owes you the money. 

Hope you enjoy the concert on your own or with a real friend!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2013, 03:43:18 PM »
She most definitely owes you for the ticket! She bailed for no good reason HOURS before the event? Barring any major emergency, which this doens't seem to be, she doesn't get a pass.

I had a friend who bought tickets (not pricy at all, under $20) for a local show, and as I don't see her often, would have paid her on the day off. Unfortunately, her stepfather passed away suddenly, and she had to fly across the country to be with her mom, and so we didn't go. I still paid her for the ticket, insisted upon it, even though it was due to her emergency we couldn't go. and she at first wouldn't hear of me paying her back.

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2013, 04:09:07 PM »
This "friend" has just won the Snowflake Of The Day Award! With Honors, no less!

1) Making "other plans" when you have a committed event for which money has been paid.
2) Not informing you of those "other plans" until *you* call to check in
3) Insisting that *you* not go because she won't go

I don't agree that because she's part of some group, that you're obligated to make plans with her. You may have to be at events where she is, but there is nothing that can compel you to make plans that depend on her.

And yes, she owes you for the ticket, along with a deep, heartfelt apology for standing you up and leaving you scrambling for a replacement at the last minute, as well as apologizing for trying to dictate what you do with your life. I doubt very much that you're going to get any one of those.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

ettiquit

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2013, 04:10:44 PM »
I wonder how long this new "friend" will last in your group?

Deetee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 04:17:42 PM »
Yes, of course she should pay. It's not even a question.

And for crying out loud don't be shy about telling everyone in your group what she did. It's not slander if it's true.

"She bailed on me 2.5 hours before we were going to leave because she decided to do something else with her neighbor. I asked, but she wouldn't pay me back. I am never scheduling anything with her ever again. "

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 04:19:03 PM »
Chiming in to add my agreement that she needs to reimburse you!

Emmy

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 04:23:46 PM »
It's not that she can't go.  She chose to do something else with a neighbor instead of going to the concert.  Not only that, but it seems she also didn't plan on telling you this because you were the one who made an effort to get in touch with her.  Leaving you hanging like that is rude in itself, but telling you that you can't go to the concert with another friend using the tickets you paid for because she chose to do something else is supreme snowflake behavior.  This is very self-centered and I don't imagine this friendship will last long.

If you can get somebody else to go last minute, I say that is great and enjoy the concert (and don't make any more plans with your 'friend').  If you can't, you have every right to ask for reimbursement for both tickets.

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2013, 04:24:32 PM »
I would send an email to the hang out group and say: "Snowflaketina and I had planned to go to the God's of Rock concert tonite.  Snowflaketina informed me 30 min ago that she had made new plans with her neighbor. Is anyone else interested in going with me?"

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2013, 04:31:10 PM »
Curious that she doesn't want YOU to go just because she's not going!  Not with someone else.  Not alone.

Any possibility that she's going to that concert with Neighbor and is terrified you'll see her there?   >:D

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2013, 04:31:32 PM »
Yes, she should pay.

This is a friend?  She would want you to go alone?  My mind is boggled.

yeah, she'd want me not to go at all. My going alone is her idea of "compromise".   She's a rather new addition to the group but she said she LOOOOOOVES this band, "it's her all time favorite", ect - so we were going to go.  I am not going to make plans with her that involve money or anything I really care about doing

After this, I wouldn't make plans with her AT ALL.
I'm with you!  What she did is baffling, to say the least.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2013, 04:31:57 PM »
Curious that she doesn't want YOU to go just because she's not going!  Not with someone else.  Not alone.

Any possibility that she's going to that concert with Neighbor and is terrified you'll see her there?   >:D

Now THAT could be...

Jones

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2013, 05:09:30 PM »
This "friend" has just won the Snowflake Of The Day Award! With Honors, no less!

I had to go see if I could find a Golden Snowflake Award of some sort, for this person.

Came pretty close, I think.

**removed per request**

Actually, found a whole bunch of great stuff on Google Images...I must order the "I am a special snowflake because" forms...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 07:51:40 AM by Jones »