Author Topic: " I know we had plans, but I made others that don't include you."  (Read 24253 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: " I know we had plans, but I made others that don't include you."
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2013, 05:28:44 PM »
Curious that she doesn't want YOU to go just because she's not going!  Not with someone else.  Not alone.

Any possibility that she's going to that concert with Neighbor and is terrified you'll see her there?   >:D

Now there's a thought, and all the more reason why OP should go!

Wow, this woman has some brass ones!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2013, 05:35:08 PM »
Jones, I love the Special Snowflake award!  The only problem is that it's too pretty.

I'd love to know how old this Queen of the World is.  Since husbands are mentioned, I assume she isn't 6 years-old.    She's treating you like a toy with which she has decided she doesn't want to play and doesn't want anyone else to play with either. 

Adults don't treat people in this way.  She certainly owes you both the money for the ticket and a sincere apology.  Good luck getting either. 

delabela

« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2013, 06:05:22 PM »
That's one of the most bizarre things I have ever heard. Yes, absolutely she should pay. Although I wouldn't hold my breath that she'll actually meet her obligation.

snappylt

« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2013, 08:39:44 PM »
I would send an email to the hang out group and say: "Snowflaketina and I had planned to go to the God's of Rock concert tonite.  Snowflaketina informed me 30 min ago that she had made new plans with her neighbor. Is anyone else interested in going with me?"

I'm going to agree with the other posters who say that yes, you should expect to be reimbursed.  It sounds like the new person may not think she misbehaved, so she may have the wrong idea that you should just swallow the cost, though.

I was trying to decide if there was any polite way to warn your other friends about this behavior so that they won't fall victim to it, too.  If you start just complaining about the new friend, I think you may run the risk of people thinking poorly of you.

Bopper's idea, quoted above, though, gives you a chance to warn people about the new person's behavior as part of your explanation of why you're looking for someone to go with you at the last minute (as opposed to a complaint by itself).

crella

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2013, 09:19:42 PM »
Wow! I'm glad you called her. It would have been awful to be told when you went to pick her up! The whole situation is just amazingly rude.

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2013, 10:33:15 PM »
Oh nonono, she doesn't get to dictate what you do with the tickets you bought, and she hasn't paid for.  She would be taken off my friends list if it were me.  And she does owe you the money for the ticket if you can't sell it.

aussie_chick

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2013, 06:52:13 AM »
  Yes she should pay you back.  I will add if someone else goes with you and offers to pay for the ticket you should not charge both of them. (not that I think you would)

I absolutely agree with this. If someone else does come to the concert and pays their way, the first friend shouldn't be asked to pay at all. However if you can't find someone else, she should reimburse you for her ticket.

YummyMummy66

« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2013, 07:07:50 AM »
There are so many wrongs in this picture that I do not know where to begin.

First of all, if you cannot get someone else to take this ticket, then, yes, she should reimburse you.  But, I don't see that happening.

To tell you that you should not go because she can't?   Seriously?   Um, yeah, special snowflake here.  First of all, it is not that she can't go.  She chose not to go.  She chose to make other plans.  I have to wonder where her brain is at that she still thinks you should not go because she made other plans and is not going with you?

There is no way I would make plans with the gal ever again unless she apologized and paid for her ticket without even being asked to do so.   Just because you are in a group of friends does not mean you have to be friends outside that group.

And I am getting mean in my old age, or it could be PMS, but I am so tired of people getting away with crap and always being the bigger person.  If anyone asked why I wasn't exactly friendly towards this person any longer, I would tell them exactly what happened, especially if she would bring something up in a group event. 

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 07:27:39 AM »
I have been burned in similar situations before which is why now I ALWAYS make people pay me up front, in cash, before I buy group anything.  Then I give each person their ticket and travel info.  If they choose not to show up, then it's not my problem as I am not out any money.

ETA:  She should pay you for the ticket, but I would not count on it.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2013, 07:38:49 AM »
There are so many wrongs in this picture that I do not know where to begin.

First of all, if you cannot get someone else to take this ticket, then, yes, she should reimburse you.  But, I don't see that happening.

To tell you that you should not go because she can't?   Seriously?   Um, yeah, special snowflake here.  First of all, it is not that she can't go.  She chose not to go.  She chose to make other plans.  I have to wonder where her brain is at that she still thinks you should not go because she made other plans and is not going with you?

There is no way I would make plans with the gal ever again unless she apologized and paid for her ticket without even being asked to do so.   Just because you are in a group of friends does not mean you have to be friends outside that group.

And I am getting mean in my old age, or it could be PMS, but I am so tired of people getting away with crap and always being the bigger person. If anyone asked why I wasn't exactly friendly towards this person any longer, I would tell them exactly what happened, especially if she would bring something up in a group event. 

Is a doormat ever bigger than the person wiping his/her feet on it?

Nothing new to add because I think it's all been said.  Only that she absolutely owes you for the ticket.  While you might be able to sell it at the venue, this is not always possible.

kckgirl

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2013, 07:49:23 AM »
When I saw Lucky Guy in NYC a few months ago, my friend and I were in the line to get last-minute tickets, but found out that they only had standing room tickets. Since I would be completely miserable having to stand for such a long time, I was going to skip it and go do something else. My friend didn't mind standing. A lady next to the ticket window overheard our conversation and offered me a ticket that she couldn't use and couldn't return. She had four premium seats (for which she paid $250 each) but her husband had taken ill and couldn't come to the theater. She sold it to me for face value, which was the normal price for a seat and more than $100 less than what she paid. Occasionally you can sell a ticket at the last minute, but it doesn't always happen.

OP, I hope you had a great time, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if you ran into the "friend" who said you couldn't go if she didn't go with you.
Maryland

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2013, 07:56:29 AM »
  Just a small note...

Before you try to sell a ticket at a venue check the local laws. Some places it is illegal (even though its still done) to sell a ticket for any price at the venue.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2013, 10:10:29 AM »
She should absolutely pay you back.

I agree!  And I wouldn't care one bit about making her feel bad for NOT paying you back.  This person is no friend, as I'm sure you've concluded yourself. 

Corvid

• Etiquette Hell Thread Assassin Squad
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2013, 12:52:50 PM »
A sensible person would reimburse the original poster for the ticket, but then, a sensible person would not expect the person they're standing up to forgo the event altogether.  Whut.  That is the most hilarious thing I've heard all week.  "Well, I'm not going to the special event because I've decided to do some mundane thing with my neighbor, but if I don't go then you don't get to go either!"  Hahahahaha!  Whooo, boy!  I guess Snowflake decided it wouldn't be fair for the original poster to enjoy herself at the concert if she, Snowflake, couldn't do the same?  Priceless.

You can bet I wouldn't shut up about this one because it is too, too funny.  But good luck to the original poster in getting any reimbursement for the ticket.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2013, 01:30:38 PM »
Since the concert was yesterday, I'm really curious to know what happened.  I hope she went with a friend and pictures of their good time is posted all over facebook for all to see (and you know who I mean when I say "all" >:D)