Author Topic: " I know we had plans, but I made others that don't include you."  (Read 23625 times)

Girlie

Re: " I know we had plans, but I made others that don't include you."
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2013, 02:14:44 PM »
I'm going to chime in with my two cents and say that while I certainly (without question) think OP has every right to ask for the money back, and while she has the right to hope that the "friend" will come through with it, she certainly shouldn't be expecting it. This person has already proven themselves to be incredibly unreliable, and I don't want OP to be any more disappointed than s/he already is.

This "friend" would definitely be on my "Do Not Call" list.

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2013, 01:31:25 AM »
Yep, this would be a friendship dealbreaker for me too. And if I had to see in her group situations, I'd be extremely cool towards her.

You definitely deserve to be reimbursed - she may not agree to do so, but you have nothing to lose by telling her you expect to be paid back.

For me, the worst part is, she never actually told you about her new plans until you actually called her. What if you hadn't called her? Chances are, you'd be waiting around for her by yourself, wondering what the heck had happened to her!

snowdragon

Since the concert was yesterday, I'm really curious to know what happened.  I hope she went with a friend and pictures of their good time is posted all over facebook for all to see (and you know who I mean when I say "all" >:D)

Update:

I sent an email out as bopper suggested. Just changing the names of the band and the person involved. And I posted it on Facebook as I have friends who live closer to the venue. I told foks that that because of the distance I would have to leave very soon and that I was sorry for the short notice. I included everyone in my contact list.
    No one close to me could go, but I put my cell number in the FB post and one of my friends from the area between home and the venue called and offered to meet me at the bus station in NearBy City if I could give her a ride home as the busses don't run late to her town.
     We had a very pleasant evening.

When I got home there were several notes from "Snowflaketina" telling me that if I went to the concert without her that I was no friend at all, that she had TOLD me I could not go with out her and how upset she was with it all and so forth. I've not replied and I don't intend to.  I have heard from a couple of the people I am closer with in the group...and since "Snowflaketine" hit reply to all - they heard from her that she ordered me not to go with out her and her reaction to my ging anyhow. No one is impressed.
    I sent an email out to her yesterday evening telling her that I expected her to pay for the ticket, since she canceled to go have fun with someone else. I have not gotten a reply yet. It would not surprise me if I never do.

LeveeWoman

Since the concert was yesterday, I'm really curious to know what happened.  I hope she went with a friend and pictures of their good time is posted all over facebook for all to see (and you know who I mean when I say "all" >:D)

Update:

I sent an email out as bopper suggested. Just changing the names of the band and the person involved. And I posted it on Facebook as I have friends who live closer to the venue. I told foks that that because of the distance I would have to leave very soon and that I was sorry for the short notice. I included everyone in my contact list.
    No one close to me could go, but I put my cell number in the FB post and one of my friends from the area between home and the venue called and offered to meet me at the bus station in NearBy City if I could give her a ride home as the busses don't run late to her town.

When I got home there were several notes from "Snowflaketina" telling me that if I went to the concert without her that I was no friend at all, that she had TOLD me I could not go with out her and how upset she was with it all and so forth. I've not replied and I don't intend to.  I have heard from a couple of the people I am closer with in the group...and since "Snowflaketine" hit reply to all - they heard from her that she ordered me not to go with out her and her reaction to my ging anyhow. No one is impressed.
    I sent an email out to her yesterday evening telling her that I expected her to pay for the ticket, since she canceled to go have fun with someone else. I have not gotten a reply yet. It would not surprise me if I never do.

Just how does she think she has the right to tell you what you may and may not do? She's a whackaloon!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2013, 04:00:20 PM »
I would call her a bully and a spoiled brat.

She will lose friends over this because nobody would want to have this happen to him/herself.

Dr. F.

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2013, 04:22:25 PM »
I'm baffled, still. What possible reason did she give for saying that you couldn't go with someone else after she bailed on you? It just makes no sense to me.

shhh its me

• Super Hero!

Update:

Ahhhh that moment when someone misuse of reply all tells your side of the story for you.

BTW if people ask "what is she on about?" I think you can tell them since she already did.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!

Update:

How fortuitous!  ;D

Deetee

• Super Hero!

Update:

How fortuitous!  ;D

You couldn't really ask for a better ending could you? You get to go to the concert and everyone knows she's completely out of touch with reality.

Jones

« Reply #54 on: August 04, 2013, 04:54:55 PM »
She hit reply all?

Fantastic. That is a fantastic update.

(slow clap)

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2013, 06:57:45 PM »
I'm so glad that you went, that you were able to find someone to go with you and that you had a great time.

And I'm SO glad that snowflaketina outed herself.

This is the best possible update!

Marbles

• I'm lost
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2013, 07:00:39 PM »
She replied all? Fabulous! What a great way for her to share her dingbattery to the whole group.

Reika

« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »
What do you want to bet that she probably did the reply all deliberately to gain sympathy from everyone?

BarensMom

« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2013, 07:06:42 PM »
Snowflaketine is now hearing that sound that we all know as the "backlash."  >:D

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2013, 07:52:24 PM »
Snowflaketine is now hearing that sound that we all know as the "backlash."  >:D

I'm hearing pwnage with hints of karma