Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Spanikopita UPDATED

(1/2) > >>

I had spanikopita at a fair yesterday... oh my lord it was wonderful. I want to recreate that yumminess at home. I have looked online, but I wanted to ask all of you: What is the best recipe you have for spanikopita?

Also: Can it be frozen?

I forgot to mention... I found a recipe. I used it. It tasted like spinachy death. >.<

--- Quote from: Nikko-chan on August 24, 2013, 06:43:02 PM ---I forgot to mention... I found a recipe. I used it. It tasted like spinachy death. >.<

--- End quote ---

Oh, can you post it, or a link to it? I hit "notify" on your thread when you posted hoping other people would post recipes. Alas, I still have no idea how to make it, and the ones I've found online have looked way beyond my ability.

I don't have one particular recipe I use.  I usually just mesh a couple up together and they have a bunch online.  The basics for me are phyllo, spinach, onion, garlic, olive oil, and feta + some seasoning like salt, pepper, nutmeg. You can add in dill, parsley, green onion, and egg for binding as well.

And yes, you can freeze it.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread, too.

It seems like Spanikopita is not all that easy to make. Plus I do have a fear of filo because of it's purported tendency to dry out if not used correctly. :(

My solution to spanikopita is the frozen bite-sized appetizers which I serve often at parties and is well received (nary a leftover).

Nikko-chan -- Please post the recipe that you used. Maybe someone can alter it (ala NyaChan) so that it's not so "spinachy death."

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version