Author Topic: SO of dreams...your favorite dream  (Read 1039 times)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
SO of dreams...your favorite dream
« on: August 06, 2013, 12:06:12 AM »
I have a favorite dream.  It was the one where I knew I was dreaming and kept doing magical stuff, like changing the color of my tennis shoes from white, to red to blue to purple.  I took a bunch of grapes and tried to turn the grapes into diamonds, but it wouldn't work.   >:(

Another one:  I dreamed that I was driving down the street with a couple of newer employees from work.  I saw a pickup go by and in it was my friend and co worker, who was recently deceased.  (We were both supervisors in real life and she really did pass on).  She was smiling widely and waving at me.  I pulled over and was so excited about seeing her.  The people with me didn't understand why I was happy to see her.  I told them, "She's a ghost!"  Then I woke up and to this day I can feel the joy at seeing her and knowing she was OK. 

I love one of my sister's dreams:
She and I were driving past the house we grew up in.  It looked exactly like it did when we were little kids.  We got out of the car and went in and the house (which had been remodeled in real life), and it looked like it had before.  We went into the kitchen and  at the old Formica table from the 1950's was my mother and her best friend.  They looked young, like they had in our childhood.  My mother looked at my sister and said, "Gee, Mary, your hair is so gray!"  Then she woke up.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:28:03 PM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

cwm

Re: SO of dreams...your favorite dream
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 10:32:22 AM »
I've had several dreams with dead family members. Usually I'm the only one who remembers that they're actually dead, but they're just sitting with us, interacting and going about their business. And when I mention that they're dead, I get a look that says "Of course they're dead, silly, that doesn't keep them from being with us though." I always wake up from those dreams perfectly happy.

I have an ongoing dream of sorts. When a new one starts, I'll know it's part of this whole long series of dreams, but none of them are directly connected. In them, I'm able to fly by taking progressively longer and longer steps, eventually I'm jumping twenty or thirty feet at a time, and then I'm just airborne. It's usually set in some idyllic countryside, but occasionally there's towns and cities. Usually they'll have advanced technology and even when I recognize that I'm dreaming, I wish I understood this technology so I could bring it to my own world.

There's also the music dreams, where I'm writing absolutely beautiful music and I know how everything fits together. I wake up and used to be able to jot down a few notes worth, but nothing's ever come of it. I lose a lot of the music when I wake up. It's a bit sad, but it's always nice to go back to the music dreams and listen to the beautiful music inside my head.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2013, 02:25:38 PM »
I've had several dreams with dead family members. Usually I'm the only one who remembers that they're actually dead, but they're just sitting with us, interacting and going about their business. And when I mention that they're dead, I get a look that says "Of course they're dead, silly, that doesn't keep them from being with us though." I always wake up from those dreams perfectly happy.

I have an ongoing dream of sorts. When a new one starts, I'll know it's part of this whole long series of dreams, but none of them are directly connected. In them, I'm able to fly by taking progressively longer and longer steps, eventually I'm jumping twenty or thirty feet at a time, and then I'm just airborne. It's usually set in some idyllic countryside, but occasionally there's towns and cities. Usually they'll have advanced technology and even when I recognize that I'm dreaming, I wish I understood this technology so I could bring it to my own world.

There's also the music dreams, where I'm writing absolutely beautiful music and I know how everything fits together. I wake up and used to be able to jot down a few notes worth, but nothing's ever come of it. I lose a lot of the music when I wake up. It's a bit sad, but it's always nice to go back to the music dreams and listen to the beautiful music inside my head.
I love flying dreams and magic dreams and would love to have them every night, instead of rarely. 
I dreamed about my mother shortly after she died and in the dream I inquired, "What are you doing here?  You're dead."  And Poof!  She disappeared.  Since then I often dream about my folks, who have both passed, but it's like they're still on this earth.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 04:47:49 PM »
Okay it was a strange one as I was on a plane that turned out to be transporting slaves to Jamaica and then suddenly to my wondering eyes did appear but Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa.  Who had figured out how to free the slaves once we landed, and they had a plan to do in the slavers by setting up a bomb, with a stick of dynamite to represent each of the slaves that were aboard the plane, so 75 sticks total. 

So I'm sitting in my seat with Jack on one side, Barbossa on the other, and them both arguing about the best way to go about the whole plan. 

I woke up before they could detonate the bomb, but I woke up with a smile on my face. :)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 10:37:48 PM »
Okay it was a strange one as I was on a plane that turned out to be transporting slaves to Jamaica and then suddenly to my wondering eyes did appear but Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Barbossa.  Who had figured out how to free the slaves once we landed, and they had a plan to do in the slavers by setting up a bomb, with a stick of dynamite to represent each of the slaves that were aboard the plane, so 75 sticks total. 

So I'm sitting in my seat with Jack on one side, Barbossa on the other, and them both arguing about the best way to go about the whole plan. 

I woke up before they could detonate the bomb, but I woke up with a smile on my face. :)
Wow!  You could write a movie!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 10:52:34 PM »
Heehee! That would be fun!  Maybe I should share my idea with Disney! :)

Course since planes did not exist in the 18th century, that might be a bit hard to pull off. ;)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2013, 11:09:35 PM »
posting for updates - i just love dreams and will post my favorite ones when I have more time. :-) great thread!
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 03:01:59 AM »
Heehee! That would be fun!  Maybe I should share my idea with Disney! :)

Course since planes did not exist in the 18th century, that might be a bit hard to pull off. ;)
Remember Jules Verne? He thought of all kinds of stuff that didn't exist then.   8)

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 03:03:14 AM »
posting for updates - i just love dreams and will post my favorite ones when I have more time. :-) great thread!
I love them, too, and can't wait to hear about yours.

AylaM

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 06:12:59 PM »
I have a sort-of recurring dream.  It is about an  island I get shipwrecked on.  I always end up doing something different on the island, but it is always the same island.

At some point I always end up on a beach that looks familiar.  Then once I realize I've been there before I always know the way to a cave in which grapes grow.  So we go to the cave and it is damp.  And it is deep and the path is small and weaves through various obstacles.   There is always a tiger in the cave, but it never attacks.  When you get to the back portion of the cave there is a grape vine that grows very well.  You can pick the grapes easily, but you have to time it because there is a steady, but slow, drip of acidic fluid falling from the ceiling.  It burns if it falls on you.

Sometimes in the dream I have to explore a partially sunken sailboat for supplies.  Sometimes I need to explore the island.  Sometimes there is an old gift shop that I can steal from, but it is guarded by robocops.  I used to be alone, but lately I've been part of a tourist group.  We usually start off lost and encounter some danger.  I don't usually recognize the island until I get to "the beach".  Sometimes it is inhabited by unfriendly locals.  Sometimes I've lived there my whole life in a hut.  It varies.  But always has that beach and that cave.   And I always explore the cave.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 11:13:06 PM »
I have a sort-of recurring dream.  It is about an  island I get shipwrecked on.  I always end up doing something different on the island, but it is always the same island.

At some point I always end up on a beach that looks familiar.  Then once I realize I've been there before I always know the way to a cave in which grapes grow.  So we go to the cave and it is damp.  And it is deep and the path is small and weaves through various obstacles.   There is always a tiger in the cave, but it never attacks.  When you get to the back portion of the cave there is a grape vine that grows very well.  You can pick the grapes easily, but you have to time it because there is a steady, but slow, drip of acidic fluid falling from the ceiling.  It burns if it falls on you.

Sometimes in the dream I have to explore a partially sunken sailboat for supplies.  Sometimes I need to explore the island.  Sometimes there is an old gift shop that I can steal from, but it is guarded by robocops.  I used to be alone, but lately I've been part of a tourist group.  We usually start off lost and encounter some danger.  I don't usually recognize the island until I get to "the beach".  Sometimes it is inhabited by unfriendly locals.  Sometimes I've lived there my whole life in a hut.  It varies.  But always has that beach and that cave.   And I always explore the cave.
Do I see another movie possibility, here?  You guys have such interesting dreams. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 07:49:10 AM »
I had a dream last night and I don't remember all the details but I saw a woman I thought was my bff from the back.  I was feeling bad about something and so I got her attention, wanting to ask for a hug.

When she turned around, it was Carol Burnett but I asked for a hug anyway and she said "Of course you can have a hug! Is everything okay, honey?" I said "It is now" and thanked her.  :) 

And actually, my best friend does resemble Carol Burnett.  :) Back when fbook had a doppelganger week, she changed her profile pic to one of Carol.