Author Topic: Heroic Deeds by Celebs  (Read 6395 times)

chicajojobe

Re: Heroic Deeds by Celebs
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2013, 06:54:54 AM »
Okay,  my opinion on the Gwyneth Paltrow incident is that it doesn't matter if it was her fault for driving recklessly, or the pedestrian's fault for not paying attention, but yes maybe heroic is the wrong word. Because of what was avoided as a result it is just a little more than "be a f---ing human being," although not through anyones actions but rather just through fate, so I'd call it serendipity.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 07:35:31 PM by chicajojobe »

weeblewobble

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2013, 11:49:34 AM »
This one kinda made me laugh the first time I read it (in a good way):

Brad Pitt saved an extra from being trampled on during a 700-person scene for his zombie film World War Z. The actor went into real-life hero mode when he noticed the female extra had fallen. Pitt reportedly then picked her up and carried her to safety.

I can just hear that girl afterwards. "Wait a minute!  WHO picked me up and carried me?!  Are you SERIOUS?!!!!"  She definitely has a tale for her grandchildren someday! :D

Ha.  I put this in the same category as the story I read about a lady who was experiencing some sort of medical emergency while hiking near Jackson Hole, Wyo.  Harrison Ford serves as a volunteer pilot, flying search and rescue teams around the area in his helicopter.  The woman said she was loaded into the helicopter, looked up and realized it was Indiana Jones himself.  And all she could say way, "I can't believe I threw up in Harrison Ford's helicopter."

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=116341&page=1#top

Shea

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2013, 09:48:06 AM »
http://www.indieking.com/E55.html

My nomination, Steve Buscemi, having been a firefighter in his youth he went to his old firehouse and volenteered to work at Ground Zero. While he was trained it had Bern around 20 Yeats since he left the fire brigade, so I'd say he qualifies.

That was the first thing I thought of. Especially since one gets the impression that he went out of his way to avoid publicity for his actions. He was really just interested in helping, not in getting lauded.

If a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, librarians are a global threat.