General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Justin Bieber shoves fan's phone down his pants

(1/2) > >>

Seiryuu:
Link to the story.

Normally I would have put this in the other thread, though I think this goes beyond bodily fluids. Thoughts?

shadowfox79:
This doesn't bother me much. He asked twice for people to stop throwing things. Besides, who throws their phone onstage? I can think of many rock singers who would have done worse than that to it.

Plus, if she was a major fan, she was probably thrilled to bits.

MariaE:

--- Quote from: shadowfox79 on August 07, 2013, 03:23:47 AM ---This doesn't bother me much. He asked twice for people to stop throwing things. Besides, who throws their phone onstage? I can think of many rock singers who would have done worse than that to it.

--- End quote ---

I agree. She(?) was lucky to even get the phone back. I wouldn't have faulted him for just dumping it somewhere.

I think the fans are the ones who deserve to be thrown in EHell here - not Bieber.

shhh its me:

--- Quote from: MariaE on August 07, 2013, 04:34:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: shadowfox79 on August 07, 2013, 03:23:47 AM ---This doesn't bother me much. He asked twice for people to stop throwing things. Besides, who throws their phone onstage? I can think of many rock singers who would have done worse than that to it.

--- End quote ---

I agree. She(?) was lucky to even get the phone back. I wouldn't have faulted him for just dumping it somewhere.

I think the fans are the ones who deserve to be thrown in EHell here - not Bieber.

--- End quote ---
I don't think they were obligated to give it back , if fact it might even be a bad idea: throw things on stage , star touches things (even  just to move them so he/she doesn't trip) fans get to wait at end of show to retrieve super awesome touched be star items.   

I do think it was a weird choice though ,"hmm what to do , what to do? I could step over it , pause for a minute have the stage cleared and let the audience calm down , kick it out of my way , ignore it. Wait I should put it down my pants!".  Kicking it off stage would have been appropriate

chicajojobe:
I'm no fan of Justin Bieber as a musician or as a person, but if you throw your phone on stage during a concert you can't complain about what happens to it!

I do feel kind of sorry for performers in this instance. I heard it explained by the guys from One Direction, which has just as many fangirls as Justin Bieber, that the audience doesn't realize that they can't really see them during a concert because of the lights, so it often they won't see things being thrown from the audience until it hits them in the face.
They kind of joked about it and told a story about how someone threw a walkie-talkie on stage and talked to them at the other end of it. Both they and the interviewer commented how that was very cleaver, but then one of the guys added "But don't throw it...that hurts!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version