Author Topic: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"  (Read 364718 times)

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
Re: For jaxsue - My brother's "ghost story"
« Reply #2565 on: July 09, 2014, 08:31:57 PM »
Where I live, I believe that a listing agent has to disclose that kind of thing if a potential buyer/tenant asks, because that can legitimately be a deal-breaker for some people.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2566 on: July 09, 2014, 09:11:17 PM »
Where I live, I believe that a listing agent has to disclose that kind of thing if a potential buyer/tenant asks, because that can legitimately be a deal-breaker for some people.
In the 11 different apartments/houses that I've rented/owned, I can safely say that I've never thought to ask "Has there ever been a mass murder in this unit?"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dr. F.

« Reply #2567 on: July 09, 2014, 09:17:28 PM »
In the 11 different apartments/houses that I've rented/owned, I can safely say that I've never thought to ask "Has there ever been a mass murder in this unit?"

In California, they must disclose if someone has died in the house, at least when buying. I assume that only deals with the most recent owner/family, as it could get kinda insane if that meant *forever*.

I know this because when I was house-hunting in SoCal, the real estate agent had to disclose that the previous owner, an elderly lady, had died in the house. The agent told me that it was because some Asian communities considered a death on the premises to be bad luck. I have no clue how accurate that may or may not be. I didn't end up buying the place, not for that reason, but because the kitchen and backyard were both too small.

menley

« Reply #2568 on: July 10, 2014, 07:41:17 AM »
In Texas, you must be told if there was a murder or violent crime, but not a death or suicide.

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2569 on: July 10, 2014, 11:47:26 AM »
I may have mentioned that in our old apartment (built in the 1980's or so), we had the ghost of a young girl.  We heard her voice or had little pranks more often than a sighting, but all of us had seen a girl about 8 dressed in late 19th century clothes with long blond hair.  We called her "Elise", and she seemed just a playful presence rather  than malicious. 

When we recently moved, I actually felt sorry for the ghost and invited her to follow us  ::).  Which she has.  She has appeared mostly in my daughter's room, but I have "felt" her.  My son was heading for the bathroom one morning when he felt three taps on his shoulder.  There was absolutely no one there, nor any cat.

Kaymyth

« Reply #2570 on: July 10, 2014, 04:02:47 PM »
I may have mentioned that in our old apartment (built in the 1980's or so), we had the ghost of a young girl.  We heard her voice or had little pranks more often than a sighting, but all of us had seen a girl about 8 dressed in late 19th century clothes with long blond hair.  We called her "Elise", and she seemed just a playful presence rather  than malicious. 

When we recently moved, I actually felt sorry for the ghost and invited her to follow us  ::).  Which she has.  She has appeared mostly in my daughter's room, but I have "felt" her.  My son was heading for the bathroom one morning when he felt three taps on his shoulder.  There was absolutely no one there, nor any cat.

Awww.  She likes you. :)

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2571 on: July 10, 2014, 04:26:22 PM »
Ghosts following homeowners reminds me of something (I may have told this before, I don't remember). Anyway, we strongly believe our old house was haunted. We named the ghost Paul. At the same time, we also keep receiving telephone calls throughout the years living there, but no voice was on the line. The was before Caller ID and for some reason, we just know it wasn't telemarketers. We didn't think the two issues were connected.

Fast forward to moving into a new housing development and all the land-line telephone numbers were supposedly created brand new for the homes. After we lived there a few days, our phone rang and there was no voice on the line. We all looked at each other like "Is that the same person? How did they get our new number?" After a while, the phone rang again and a guy ask "Is Paul there?" :o I said "no, you must have the wrong number." We never got voiceless phone calls again (except for obvious telemarketers who make electronic clicking sounds or start speaking after a few seconds).

It may just be a coincidence, but we thought it was both creepy and funny.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #2572 on: July 21, 2014, 04:38:08 PM »

That story comes from a reddit subforum called "no sleep" where people post believable fiction,  and part of the rules is that all readers must act as if it were true and treat it as such in the comments. "Everything is true, even if it's not" This one must be very successful at being believable because it's beening passed around on several ghost and hauntings forums.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/29kd1x/my_dead_girlfriend_keeps_messaging_me_on_facebook/

And there went my afternoon...
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture