News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 25, 2017, 06:05:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Has Anyone Heard of this Book?  (Read 690 times)

Yarnspinner

Has Anyone Heard of this Book?
« on: June 14, 2017, 10:15:19 PM »
Three librarians, six college degrees and none of us can find this book.  Anywhere.  Of course, this might be due to the person who told me about it not knowing the title.

Him:  I read a book just recently that I know is right up your alley.  (I am guessing it resembles the work of Charles DeLint because he came up in conversation recently.)

Me:  What's the title?

Him:  I'm not actually sure.

Him:  It's something like "The last train to anwyn station."  But it might be the last bus.  And I'm not sure how to spell Anwyn.

Me: Author?

Him: Wish I could tell you.

We tried looking for it in our catalog to no avail.  I have tried it on goodreads and on amazon and on google in various spellings and combinations of words.  No luck.

Any of the fantasy readers and writers heard of it?  I'm just hoping if I find it, I discover that it's as good as he says.

Thanks or any direction you can give!
Him:

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: Has Anyone Heard of this Book?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 10:50:26 PM »
There is a book by Michael Merriam called The Last Car to Annwn Station!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:54:00 PM by Dazi »
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

gmatoy

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 12:49:14 PM »
Enquiring minds want to know if that is the book. (Okay, I want to know!)

Yarnspinner

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 12:54:42 PM »
Dazi, you are a joy and a treasure!  That's it!  Thank you!

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 02:40:13 PM »
You're very welcome! My geekatude comes in useful occasionally.  ;D

I actually haven't gotten around to reading it. Someone I know recommended it some time ago (several years ago, iirc). I'm not 100% sure how I picked it out of my brain, but google confirmed it for me.  :P
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

sunseenli

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 02:44:07 PM »
Dazi, that was amazing. :)