News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 04, 2015, 09:08:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dear baby (or any age child)...  (Read 2494 times)

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
Re: Dear baby (or any age child)...
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2015, 09:04:45 PM »
To my 4.5 year old niece,

Dear one, I am truly sorry that your mom was temporarily out of sight while changing the baby's diaper last night at dinner.  I'm still not sure why you chose to face into a corner and scream about it though.  It would be really nice if you'd internalize that the rest of your family is willing to provide cuddles and attention until she gets back.  I'm really tired of long stretches of silence at family dinners while we all wonder if we should be doing something.

Love,
Your auntie who truly does adore you

To my 2.5 year old niece,

Darling, you are the best part of my relatives-in-law and I can't wait until you're older and your parents trust you alone with me.  We're going to have so much fun!  Until then, could you possibly refrain from throwing Bananagrams tiles at me "to see if they stick to my skin"?  That was more than just slightly painful. 

Love,
your sore, but laughing, auntie

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2015, 11:46:07 AM »
Dear Darling 7.5 year old,

Huzzah!  The end of the school year is upon us.  Two more days until you can hang up your lunchbox!

Can we pretty, pretty, pretty please not wake up on Monday morning at the crack of dawn?  I don't have to get up at 5:30 until September and I would very much appreciate it if I could sleep in a little (to the glorious hour of 6:15!)  I normally have to pry you out of bed on school days but for some reason, you enjoy getting up with the chickens when you don't have school.  Cut it out.  Take some lessons from your sister, who will likely sleep until 8.

Love,
Mama

Coralreef

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2015, 01:08:52 PM »
Dear son (then 3yo, now 26)

No, you left leg is not "more squishy" than you right one because you scraped your left knee and lost a little bit of blood.

Also, the daycare has the exactly same brand of cheese that we have at home.  Bought at the same store.  Why do you refuse to eat it at home but love it at daycare?

[/right