News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• May 27, 2015, 10:08:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 76698 times)

greencat

Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1350 on: May 16, 2015, 04:17:14 AM »
I played with kittens, got lunch, got my massage, got my shopping done, and then went to work.  Due to a sick colleague, I ended up attending the last two hours of the birthday party and then returning to work.  This shift is typically uneventful, so it is entirely possible that my biggest accomplishments here will be finishing some books and a bag of chips.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1351 on: May 17, 2015, 08:05:13 PM »
Fixed my camera! If the battery gets too exhausted it won't charge, I found a work around online and it worked!

Shopping list, looked at the ads, did our budget, went grocery shopping, got lunch, cleaned out the refrigerator, put everything away, made dinner.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1352 on: May 17, 2015, 09:53:20 PM »
I did MAJOR spring cleaning today and yesterday.  DH was at work yesterday,  but he helped out a lot today.  I'm just going to pretend his disaster of a computer room doesn't exist since the rest of the house looks great.  ;)
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1353 on: May 18, 2015, 03:40:55 PM »
Updated my resume to edit some of the text and to add my new volunteer docent position!

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1354 on: May 19, 2015, 11:38:46 AM »
This was supposed to be a lazy weekend.  Maybe get my garden planted, maybe do a little work around the house, maybe do a little cooking and baking.  Whatever we felt like doing.  Yeah, NOT the way it worked out.

BF and I ended up having to accelerate the plan for building an outside pen for his dogs thanks to his brother being a bacon fed knave.  It was on the agenda but not for a couple more weeks until some other stuff got done.

So Friday, we did some laundry at the laundry mat - stuff too large for a home washer.  Perused the flyers to see if there was a shed on sale we could use for building a dog pen.  Got everything put back in his basement room.  Saturday morning, he did a half day OT while I helped his Dad sort some cans to take for selling for scrap.  Got all the way over there and the place was closed!  But we got the rest of the stuff sorted out, including a whole bunch of returnables.  Then we headed out to buy him new workboots and the stuff we needed for the pen.  Got my garage cleaned out to make a home for the dogs so he can bring them with him when he visits me.  Back out to drop the stuff off then took all the dogs (3 adults, 3 puppies) to my place.

Sunday morning, we took all the dogs for a walk.  Then headed out to his place to work on the shed.  After dropping off the dogs, we went back to pick up a couch on the side of the road for the dogs and got some harnesses for all the dogs and puppies, save one.  Spent hours working on the shed - didn't finish.  Back to my place with the menagerie.

Yesterday morning, we took the dogs for a walk with their new harnesses.  So much easier!  The puppies made it all the way 'round the block!  Out to his place and got the shed finished, as well as a pen for them.  Tested it out for a few minutes while we did a couple of things and it seems to work OK - needs a few upgrades we'll have to get done this week.  Back to my place, made a nice dinner, took everyone for a walk again.  I had to carry one of the puppies but the other two made it all the way around the block.  Then we sat down and worked on some stuff for his lawyer's meeting re: separation agreement and divorce.   :P

This morning, we got everyone loaded back up and they get their first day in the outdoor pen.  Hope it goes well!

And also this morning, I think I have two of the puppies sold to my coworker and her neighbour!  So we might be down two puppies by Thursday.  While sad to see them go, it'll be great to get back to just the adults!

Gotta tell you...  Building a prefab shed with hundreds of tiny screws and nuts and bolts, with somewhat unclear instructions and predrilled holes that don't always line up?  Has to be the ultimate relationship test.  The fact that we got it done, and done well, without every sniping at each other?  Has to mean something.   :)
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1355 on: Today at 02:40:19 PM »
Another busy, busy weekend.  I'm surprised I'm managing health wise.  But maybe being happy makes up for less sleep and lots of activity?  Either that or I'm just getting into better shape.   :)

Friday, after sending two of the puppies off with my coworker, I headed out to the BF's place, loaded returnable bottles into my car, helped unpack a load of stuff from BF's truck, took the returnables in and got money ($$) for his Dad, watched the end of a movie so we could see the sequel in the theatre. 

Saturday, I loaded my car with more returnables, loaded BF's truck with bags of popcans while he unloaded his Dad's truck.  Then we loaded that with popcans, too, and took them to a metal recycler.  507 lbs, worth $$$.  And then took the returnables back for more $$.  I turned all the money over to his Dad and he gave me back $$, almost $$$, which I thought was too much but he insisted.  Then we loaded up the dogs and headed to my place.  Where we had 15 minutes to turn around and go to that movie because the only other option was a late show, which there is no way I'd have stayed awake for.  Got home and took the dogs for a walk, had supper and pretty much called it a night.

Sunday, we worked on my yard a bit and got most of my vegetable garden plants in, did a Costco run in the heat of the day and got some seeds planted then headed off to my ball game.

Monday, BF was ill; he headed out to go to work and had to turn around and come back.  So I gave him some little tasks, if he felt up to it.  He did get them done.  I came home for lunch and gave him another task, which he was still working on when I got home mid-afternoon.  I finished that up and we headed back out for more work on the garden.

Last night, I got the last of the seeds planted so my veggie garden is ready to go.  Now it just has to grow, cuss it all to tarnation!   ;D

Ball game tonight so no yard work planned.

One puppy left!  Anyone in my area (North of Toronto) interested in an adorable male 'Sweenie' puppy?  (Shih Tzu/Dachshund cross - looks more like the Dachshund)   ;D
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario