News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 26, 2017, 03:24:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 276979 times)

Nikko-chan

Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #2625 on: February 21, 2017, 10:44:24 PM »
Nice Art!

My little happy:

They now have a sign language club at our library! Yay! I was worried though, that they had a librarian teaching it and not someone qualified. Yikes!

Bit of background. I actually pushed to get ASL in my community college years ago. When they brought in the program, they hired a lovely woman who was excited and passionate about sign language, and taught us well. This is relevant in a second I swear.

So I get to the library. And walk around a bit, and see a woman. She has a nametag on, and above her name 'Kathy' it reads Librarian. Okay awesome! I have found someone to ask about the program. She takes one look at me and...

Her: I know you don't I?
Me: *taking a close look at her and then at  the nametag and mentally freaking out* *speaking calmly* Hello Professor Smith. I had you for a Professor at CommunityCollege.
Her: *actually freaking out and drawing me into a hug* How are you etc etc.

The best part? This is what i call a "buddy program" meaning two libraries in the area work together to run it. Both librarians team up every month to bring it to us. One month it is at FirstLocation then the next month it is at SecondLocation. And I can bus to both areas! Cue a very happy Nikko!

Also, since I did have her for a Professor... I haven't got out of the "she's a professor mindset" and called her Professor during Club. She stopped, looked at me and goes "I have missed hearing that!" :D

dawnfire

« Reply #2626 on: February 22, 2017, 08:18:51 PM »
On Friday I got my hair cut. I haven't had it cut over 3 years. It was about 20 cm long and I donated to a charity that makes wigs for cancer and allopecia  sufferers .
Whittlesea Victoria

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #2627 on: February 22, 2017, 08:35:10 PM »
New (to me) car!  I've been in a long term rental since my last car died on me in September. Yay!
Maryland

gramma dishes

« Reply #2628 on: February 22, 2017, 08:54:42 PM »
New (to me) car!  I've been in a long term rental since my last car died on me in September. Yay!

Yay!  Congratulations on your new wheels!  ;D

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy!
« Reply #2629 on: Yesterday at 03:23:02 AM »
A silly conversation with my husband just now >:D I went out to the kitchen to get a drink, and it currently smells glorious thanks to the garlic butter chicken balls he's cooking.

Me: "Mmmm, gaaaarlic!"
Him (mock sternly): "Not yet! Leave them!"
Me: "I'm just saying it smells good, I'm not going to vampire my way into the oven and eat half-raw chicken or anything!"
Him: "I just pictured you with a hollow fang, stabbing" (he mimes sticking a tooth into something) "and sucking all the garlic butter out."
Me: "Oh, your garlic balls have suspiciously little garlic butter in them? It just, you know, must have seeped out somehow..."
Him: "Evaporated!"
Me: "That's it, exactly!" (I went back into the kitchen) "I'm just getting a drink! And it's not garlic butter!"
Him: (laughs hard) "Oh, oh, ow! Don't make me laugh like that, it actually hurts!"
Me: "I'd apologise, but I'm not sorry!" >:D
Him: "Because of all the times I've done it to you?"
Me: "Yeeeep." (pause) "I could hear you getting suspicious."
Him: (more laughter) "Ow, ow!"
"Set aphasia to stun!"

cicero

« Reply #2630 on: Yesterday at 03:40:56 AM »
On Friday I got my hair cut. I haven't had it cut over 3 years. It was about 20 cm long and I donated to a charity that makes wigs for cancer and allopecia  sufferers .
What a beautiful thing to do!!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #2631 on: Yesterday at 09:50:47 AM »
My newly married colleague was explaining the parts of wearing a kilt to another colleague as they were looking at her wedding photos. He asked a question, referring to the sporran, and then I started laughing in my office across the hall, and now the word sporran causes all three of us to burst into giggles.

Watching a big, muscular man burst into laughter that causes him to lose his breath and to be speechless is awesome.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

turtleIScream

« Reply #2632 on: Yesterday at 05:34:26 PM »
I am a very, very, very amateur painter. I have a few of my pieces hanging at home that others have admired, but that's really the extent of my exposure.

We are moving next month, and our Realtor did an initial walk through to help prioritise repairs/updates/get staging ideas. She wants me to leave 3 (THREE!) of my paintings behind to help sell the house.
Life happens wherever you are, whether you make it or not. - Uncle Iroh

dawnfire

« Reply #2633 on: Yesterday at 07:24:20 PM »
What a beautiful thing to do!!
It seemed the right thing to do, hubby is a cancer survivor (over 10 years cured) and we have a friend who has allopecia. 
Whittlesea Victoria

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #2634 on: Yesterday at 07:25:01 PM »
DH made homemade cocoa almonds with browned salted butter and vanilla. No sugar or sweetener!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Nikko-chan

« Reply #2635 on: Yesterday at 10:56:26 PM »
I am a very, very, very amateur painter. I have a few of my pieces hanging at home that others have admired, but that's really the extent of my exposure.

We are moving next month, and our Realtor did an initial walk through to help prioritise repairs/updates/get staging ideas. She wants me to leave 3 (THREE!) of my paintings behind to help sell the house.

Oh that's awesome!