Author Topic: Poll for Star Wars fans  (Read 497 times)

The Legend of Daisy

Poll for Star Wars fans
« on: January 22, 2015, 04:26:16 AM »
I'm getting married soon and I'm about to order the wedding bands. I want to get the iconic Leia/Solo quotes of 'I love you' and 'I know' engraved on the inside of the bands. But I'm not sure which way around they should go? Should the 'I know' be on the mens band (because Han says it) or the womens (because it's said to Leia).

Any opinions?

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
Re: Poll for Star Wars fans
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 04:28:09 AM »
I'd say the latter. I've always taken inscriptions as something the giver of the ring is saying to the wearer of the ring.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Wintergreen

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 05:04:46 AM »
I agree with MariaE.

And at least here is also the similar case for names: unless you engrave both of the names, husband gets the wife's name and wife gets the husband's name on their rings.

poundcake

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 05:37:53 AM »
Since both Han and Leia say both to each other (once in ESB, once in ROTJ), you could have "I love you." "I know" engraved in BOTH bands.

And if you don't have Han and Leia action figures on your wedding cake, you are Bantha poodoo.

The Legend of Daisy

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 07:17:12 AM »
I did consider putting both on both as well.
We're doing the lego bride and groom on the cake, though now that I think about it we could do a lego Han and Leia.

Reika

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 07:51:48 AM »
I agree that having both quotes on the rings would be good. Plus, I think it's awesome you're using that set of quotes. :)

o_gal

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 08:08:01 AM »
I did consider putting both on both as well.
We're doing the lego bride and groom on the cake, though now that I think about it we could do a lego Han and Leia.

Are you doing full size figures, or minifigs? The minifigs are pretty small, but then you get a choice between Leia in white robe and Leia in gold bikini  ;D

MrTango

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 08:09:45 AM »
To be fair, that exchange did, in fact, happen both ways, so having the entire exchange on each ring would be appropriate

In ESB, Leia was the one who said "I love you."
In ROTJ, Han said "I love you." and Leia replied "I know."

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 08:15:11 AM »
I agree with MariaE. I would put the "I love you" on the groom's band and "I know" on the bride's. I am such a geek!

knitwicca

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 09:36:04 AM »
I agree with Maria as well.... and am thrilled that nerdness continues to the next generation.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2015, 09:56:41 AM »
I'm stealing this idea for a Valentines timed gift for my DH and a ring for myself. I dislike rings that are not band rings because they catch on everything.

deadbody

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2015, 11:25:45 AM »
Mrs. Deadbody and I considered just having "I know" on both rings. 

The Legend of Daisy

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2015, 11:59:15 AM »
I wouldn't say the nerdinessis continuing to the next generation, I'm the original generation for the trilogy.
I also just found out that the cost to engrave the rings is £35 each ($52US or €46). I'm not sure I want them engraved that badly. Maybe I'll get it done elsewhere after the wedding.

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 12:28:44 PM »
Since both Han and Leia say both to each other (once in ESB, once in ROTJ), you could have "I love you." "I know" engraved in BOTH bands.

And if you don't have Han and Leia action figures on your wedding cake, you are Bantha poodoo.

This!
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

Virg

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 02:13:01 PM »
If I had to choose, I'd say "I love you" on his and "I know" on hers.  The first time this exchange happened, she said it in desperation, and he couldn't bring  it was a characterization moment for both of them.  The second time, they were both smiling and had really taken it to heart, and so it was really more of a shared moment.  I'd want to immortalize that second exchange more.

Virg