News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 02, 2015, 08:05:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Four more cats?  (Read 2875 times)

greencat

Re: Four more cats?
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2015, 12:24:07 PM »
Can you carry her around in a sling?  The constant body contact might help tremendously.

Can you put a thermometer in her environment?  The blanket and heated bed might be making it too warm.

Give Charlotte another chance - if her presence seems to comfort the kitten, even if she isn't interested in mom-cat activities, it might help.

magicdomino

• Super Hero!
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2015, 10:52:29 PM »
Well, this is interesting.  This evening, Damiri took advantage of a not quite fastened door to escape from her cage, and crawled under the bed.  After I finished cleaning the cage and Charlotte's litter box, I placed a bowl of food on the floor, and lay down on the bed to wait for Damiri to come out.  Charlotte came out to keep an eye on me.  While I waited, I kept hearing odd noises under the bed:  thumps, an extension cord rattling, something being knocked about.  Damiri was playing!  And quite happily too.

What I am thinking about doing is letting Damiri run around in the bedroom.  I want to block off the underside of the bed so that I can still pick Damiri up and cuddle her, but also let her choose what to do.  Jackson Galaxy of My Cat From Hell recommends that cats be given high places to hide instead of holes to crawl in.  The only real hole is the underside of the bed, and I can borrow a cat tree from the resident cats so that Damiri can climb on top of the furniture.

Please keep in mind that everything I know dealing about cat behavioral problems, I learned from owning a reverted feral who was probably neurotic, and a TV show.  I kind of faking it here.   :)

magicdomino

• Super Hero!
Re: Four more cats? Photos Pg. 4
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2015, 10:55:21 PM »
Charlotte:

Damiri doesn't like me very much:

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2015, 11:03:16 PM »
Great news!

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2015, 09:12:07 AM »
What an adorable glare!
NE England

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2015, 01:24:02 AM »
Oh goodness, what a glare! She's adorable! ;D And Charlotte is beautiful!

Definitely let Damiri roam about a bit, I'd say - some cats just can't tolerate being cooped up at all, that might be why she's been crying. I know I've been through several batches of kittens (fostering) that wouldn't keep their little voices down unless they could roam a bit!
"So, what did you wish for?"
"I wished for... World domination, of course."