Author Topic: Marie, her Gma, and the Baby  (Read 9324 times)

Marbles

• I'm lost
Re: Marie, her Gma, and the Baby
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 02:08:21 AM »
I agree in general, but this reads harshly to me. If I may:
"Grandma, it's a sweet idea, but you shouldn't throw a double shower. Marie deserves to have her family's attention on just her. She shouldn't have to share that special day with someone else who just happens to be having a baby at the same time. Marie deserves have to ALL of your attention, and to not have to share it with me."

Marie's grandmother is coming from a place of love, and I think the response should acknowledge that.
You took the words out of my keyboard. :)

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 10:00:58 AM »
I agree in general, but this reads harshly to me. If I may:
"Grandma, it's a sweet idea, but you shouldn't throw a double shower. Marie deserves to have her family's attention on just her. She shouldn't have to share that special day with someone else who just happens to be having a baby at the same time. Marie deserves have to ALL of your attention, and to not have to share it with me."

Marie's grandmother is coming from a place of love, and I think the response should acknowledge that.
You took the words out of my keyboard. :)

Exactly.

Grandma isn't planning a double shower to be bossy.  And there is no reason to think she'll insist on a double shower when someone points out to her (gently) that it probably really isn't a good idea.   There's no need to take a "just say no" attitude with Grandma -- at least not yet. 

BeagleMommy

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 11:59:14 AM »
POD to those who've said to let GM know that you appreciate the thought, but your family has a shower planned already.

Congrats on the soon to arrive bundle.