Author Topic: I don't want to see the stripper, thank you.  (Read 9379 times)

sammycat

• Super Hero!
Re: I don't want to see the stripper, thank you.
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2013, 08:15:12 AM »
Non-update UPDATE

I just returned from the party.

The stripper thing turned out to be a non-issue, as apparently he cancelled. I'm not sure when that took place; presumably sometime later this week. Birthday girl did have some inkling apparently. There was mention of a different stripper coming at 10.30pm instead, but I think that was a joke, or at least not actually going ahead. I only got this info from overhearing the organiser telling someone sitting close to me.

The whole party was fairly low key and DH, DS and I were the only "inlaws" there, and the only other person we really knew was a mutual friend of birthday girl and myself, and she left just before we did (at 8.50pm to pick up DS1 from work).

*inviteseller

• I am Queen Mommy
« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2013, 11:22:14 AM »
Do you think the birthday girl found out and cancelled it herself?  Usually, you have to pay for them up front (I have done singing telegrams and they had all sorts including strippers) and if the one can't make it they send a different one.

Otterpop

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2013, 12:16:29 PM »
Probably a lot of others felt as you did and either said something or did not go.  I imagine the expectation of a stripper cast a shadow over an otherwise fun party.

Glad it was a non-event, event.