Author Topic: When to Step Back from a Friendship  (Read 6990 times)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
Re: When to Step Back from a Friendship
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2013, 03:56:14 PM »
I was wondering if it is e-hell approved to post something on Friend's wall to the effect of:

Hey Friend!  This product must *really* be great!  Your posts about it are outnumbering posts about your family 4 to 1!  Glad it's working for you.

I don't know if it is PA but it does come across as an internet foul.  Taking the issue to their public FB page instead of just sending a private message is a bit like going to a party at their house and calling them out on it in front of their friends.   I really like what the OP did about posting on HER FB page that she was going to hide the feeds of over enthusiastic sales people.  I think I'm going to hijack that method to deal with people in my newsfeed constantly arguing politics.

I use Social Fixer to hide those posts automatically.  So I still see stuff from friends, but not if it includes the names of any political party or the hot button issue of the week/month/year.  What's also nice is that it hides picture meme's too.

Marbles

• I'm lost
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2013, 12:21:14 AM »
It has helped, I have been unfriended by one of the 5 people. Oh, well!  >:D
Sounds like a win. :)

GrammarNerd

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2013, 12:30:30 AM »
It has helped, I have been unfriended by one of the 5 people. Oh, well!  >:D

Unfortunately, I guess you found out the extent of your 'friendship' with that person.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2013, 08:29:36 AM »
After getting a PM asking which MLM it was, I did some internet searching and found the particular company is flagged with a lot of agencies. If an athlete in a regulated sport was to take these "performance" supplements, they could fail their drug test due to impurities in the product.

Also, the product has not been tested as safe. Stay away!