Etiquette School is in session! > "Why would I want to do that?"

UNBELIEVABLE Email!! (Ghast: flabbered!) *Update#29 Finale#33 Encore#40!*

<< < (16/17) > >>

Minmom3:
Which quite nicely illustrates the vast difference between 'volunteering' and 'voluntelling', doesn't it?!   >:D

SheryllJane:
This  stuation ihappened to a friend of mine with her sister in law.  Friend says she is going to start training for a 180 mile bike ride and sister in law (who screamed her out a few years ago) chimes in When are we starting and where.  Unbelievable!

siamesecat2965:
THe story about Clueless and the cart reminds me so much of MY former CW, who I  dubbed Useless. While he didn't go as far as assuming that any of us would help him outside of work, he was a master as trying to get others to DO his work for him.

He was tasked with putting together a brief summary of all activity relevant to the company, from a larger "pool" of info, monthly, to be sent to the board. So anyone else would ahve looked through the weekly doc we produce, pulled out the important stuff, and if not sure, asked one of us to give it a once over. I can totally see that, but not Useless. Oh no, he'd wander over and ask any of us could we "put something together for him" i.e. do his task for him. We all told him no, and he'd accept it, so I think he knew exactly waht he was doing.  Thankfully, although it took years,and I'm not joking, he was finally let go.

Annoyed in America:

--- Quote from: suzieQ on August 30, 2013, 10:32:57 PM ---DH use to pull stuff like that. He would ask where I wanted to go, I would tell him, then he would proceed to tell me about 10 other restaurants in the area. Look, I told you what I want. If you don't want that, then say so. I've picked, I don't need to know about all the other options available.

--- End quote ---

Why do guys do that?  Mine does it too.  He will ask my opinion than just ignore it.  So now I just say "Whatever."

Luci:

--- Quote from: Annoyed in America on December 01, 2013, 12:39:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: suzieQ on August 30, 2013, 10:32:57 PM ---DH use to pull stuff like that. He would ask where I wanted to go, I would tell him, then he would proceed to tell me about 10 other restaurants in the area. Look, I told you what I want. If you don't want that, then say so. I've picked, I don't need to know about all the other options available.

--- End quote ---

Why do guys do that?  Mine does it too.  He will ask my opinion than just ignore it.  So now I just say "Whatever."

--- End quote ---

Not just guys! My stepmother use to do that - always! Drove us nuts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version