Author Topic: UNBELIEVABLE Email!! (Ghast: flabbered!) *Update#29 Finale#33 Encore#40!*  (Read 22628 times)

Minmom3

Re: UNBELIEVABLE Email!! (Ghast: flabbered!) *Update#29 Finale#33 Encore#40!*
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2013, 01:35:04 AM »
Which quite nicely illustrates the vast difference between 'volunteering' and 'voluntelling', doesn't it?!   >:D
Mother to children and fuzz butts....

SheryllJane

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2013, 07:42:57 PM »
This  stuation ihappened to a friend of mine with her sister in law.  Friend says she is going to start training for a 180 mile bike ride and sister in law (who screamed her out a few years ago) chimes in When are we starting and where.  Unbelievable!

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2013, 03:56:59 PM »
THe story about Clueless and the cart reminds me so much of MY former CW, who I  dubbed Useless. While he didn't go as far as assuming that any of us would help him outside of work, he was a master as trying to get others to DO his work for him.

He was tasked with putting together a brief summary of all activity relevant to the company, from a larger "pool" of info, monthly, to be sent to the board. So anyone else would ahve looked through the weekly doc we produce, pulled out the important stuff, and if not sure, asked one of us to give it a once over. I can totally see that, but not Useless. Oh no, he'd wander over and ask any of us could we "put something together for him" i.e. do his task for him. We all told him no, and he'd accept it, so I think he knew exactly waht he was doing.  Thankfully, although it took years,and I'm not joking, he was finally let go.

Annoyed in America

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2013, 12:39:43 AM »
DH use to pull stuff like that. He would ask where I wanted to go, I would tell him, then he would proceed to tell me about 10 other restaurants in the area. Look, I told you what I want. If you don't want that, then say so. I've picked, I don't need to know about all the other options available.

Why do guys do that?  Mine does it too.  He will ask my opinion than just ignore it.  So now I just say "Whatever."

Luci45

• Super Hero!
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2013, 09:53:59 AM »
DH use to pull stuff like that. He would ask where I wanted to go, I would tell him, then he would proceed to tell me about 10 other restaurants in the area. Look, I told you what I want. If you don't want that, then say so. I've picked, I don't need to know about all the other options available.

Why do guys do that?  Mine does it too.  He will ask my opinion than just ignore it.  So now I just say "Whatever."

Not just guys! My stepmother use to do that - always! Drove us nuts.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 09:55:36 AM by Luci45 »

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2013, 01:00:10 PM »

Not just guys! My stepmother use to do that - always! Drove us nuts.

But they do complain that YOU never pick a restaurant - because they apparently don't register it when you tell them that you want something that they don't want.  Or just don't register it because they haven't switched modes yet - from asking to listening...

I can come in the door with the mail in my hand, give it to VorGuy, he'll set it down, and then five minutes later ask if the mail has been picked up yet....

He'll ask me what I want, I say "Italian", and he tells me that he's in the mood for BBQ (or Mexican) - then ask me AGAIN what I want to eat.  Until I agree with him or say "doesn't matter" - then he says that I never have any ideas on where to eat...

Umm - I have ideas - but I tend to eat out at lunch (by myself, with Red Hat friends, or pick up drive through if I'm running errands) because negotiating where we will both eat at one meal takes too blooming long!

I have found telling him that we have gift cards on hand for X & Y - then he can pick whichever one of those he wants.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?