Etiquette School is in session! > Complete Silence

I was insulted. What should I have replied?

<< < (7/9) > >>

Twik:

--- Quote from: gmatoy on August 22, 2013, 02:25:16 PM ---My friend, mother of my youngest goddaughter, was venting the other day. The reason? Her 14 year old daughter is having to deal with the same problems she dealt with in her younger days.

She is being treated like she is "loose" based on her bust size. Yes, she is amply endowed; however, she is so modest! I've sewn in modesty inserts into v-neck shirts and she often layers her clothes so that nothing "shows." 

The stories my friend tells me about her preteen and teen years breaks my heart! No one should be judged for their body.

OP, thanks for sharing your story. (I was thinking about how I was the MOB [mother of bride] at our daughter's wedding and realized that the dad of groom would be a DOG, which suits this guy. Remember: thoughts are not rude, acting on them might be rude.)

And, yes, I know "Father of Groom." But it doesn't have the same  >:D feel to it. Okay, EVilGmatoy back in box.

--- End quote ---

That always strikes me so strange. Unless one goes the implant route, one's bust size is not something one normally has much control over, so the idea "she must be willing to sleep with anyone, because otherwise why would she have large breasts?" makes no sense, any more than "she must have a low libido, because she has a small chest" does.

TurtleDove:

--- Quote from: Twik on February 18, 2014, 10:54:05 AM ---That always strikes me so strange. Unless one goes the implant route, one's bust size is not something one normally has much control over, so the idea "she must be willing to sleep with anyone, because otherwise why would she have large breasts?" makes no sense, any more than "she must have a low libido, because she has a small chest" does.

--- End quote ---

I agree it doesn't make sense, but I think it stems from people not knowing how to conceal a larger bust (if they want to) and therefore looking as though they are displaying it.  The same outfit can look entirely different on different body types.  What appears demure on the slim-hipped and small-busted Taylor Swift would look sexy on the voluptuous Kim Kardashian based solely on body-type.

Twik:
Busts are just as subject to the Law of Conservation of Matter as anything else.

The post I was referring to mentions the steps the person in question has taken to do exactly what you suggest, with no effect.

TurtleDove:

--- Quote from: Twik on February 18, 2014, 11:36:43 AM ---Busts are just as subject to the Law of Conservation of Matter as anything else.

The post I was referring to mentions the steps the person in question has taken to do exactly what you suggest, with no effect.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I know.  The underlying concept, however, I think stems from the idea that underneath it all is sex sex sexiness.  It doesn't make sense, but the fertility = boobs = sexy is where the concept derives I think.

VorFemme:
I was a preacher's daughter and somewhat na´ve at 14 and 15.

I was not happy to find out that I had a "reputation" based on my bust size (at that age I was somewhat confused on "what" was going on - long story).  To give the bare bones of my dilemma, my mother gave me scientifically correct explanations - with no context and no chance to ask questions because...she'd told me *everything" that I needed to know.   Except why guys acted so weirdly...

It was also not MY fault that my mother had a small bust, her mother had a small bust, and thus had no idea how to select a properly supporting bra for a larger bust or how to help me dress to minimize the "display"...or look age appropriate instead of trying to find things that fit - but didn't always make me look as young as I really was...

I found books on how to dress in college and my early career (ironically when I was wearing a military uniform and could apply NONE of the advice on what I could wear to work) and read them cover to cover.  I still check those out and read them as I age and my body has shifted in weight and the distribution of it....still not going to be considered flat chested any time soon, though....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version