General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

How to correctly tell boss that coworker is a bad fit?

<< < (2/4) > >>

BarensMom:
Take the full maternity leave to which you are entitled and let the chips fall where they may at work.

I would let the boss know about co-worker's shortcomings once more on the last day before leave.  Then, when he has a gazillion fires to put out because of co-worker, he can't say you didn't warn him.

siamesecat2965:

--- Quote from: BarensMom on August 18, 2013, 01:44:02 PM ---Take the full maternity leave to which you are entitled and let the chips fall where they may at work.

I would let the boss know about co-worker's shortcomings once more on the last day before leave.  Then, when he has a gazillion fires to put out because of co-worker, he can't say you didn't warn him.

--- End quote ---

This is what I would do as well. If there are issues while you're gone, presumably they will need to be dealt with then, not pile up and waiting for you to get back.

I does sound like you have a plan in place; whether or not clerk follow said plan is now his and your bosses' issue, once you're gone.

veronaz:

--- Quote from: BarensMom on August 18, 2013, 01:44:02 PM ---Take the full maternity leave to which you are entitled and let the chips fall where they may at work.

--- End quote ---

This.  It's boss' responsibility to deal with this problem.

cicero:

--- End quote ---
add me to this.

and wow - other than the fact that your co worker is male, he sounds exactly like my co worker. i never understand how people like that get through life...

KimodoDragon:
I understand your concern and that speaks to your great work ethic.

BUT

I would take the entire leave.  You have earned it and you deserve it.  Before departing, though, I would send the clerk an email fully outlining what is expected of him during your absence.  And copy your superior, the one that makes excuses for this clerk.  That way, you have covered yourself and it is documented.

Then go on leave with a clear conscience and your great work ethic intact.

With the new baby on the way, you will have enough to do without having to worry about what happens back at the office.  Best wishes to you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version