Author Topic: Rude to knock and ring at the same time?  (Read 2187 times)

Shoo

• Super Hero!
Re: Rude to knock and ring at the same time?
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2013, 05:29:17 PM »
It startles me when people do this.  Usually it's someone ignoring the "no solicitors" sign.  And they don't just knock -- they POUND.  So I do think it's rude. 

Aquamarine

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2013, 06:22:26 PM »
Yeah that would tick me off big time.  Either knock OR ring but do not do both at the same time unless you are literally trying to tell me my house is on fire. 

This BTW actually did happen to friends of mine, they were all sitting in the family room watching Alf and the outside of their home was going up in flames.  They had no idea until a passerby came to their door and did the policeman's knock and rang the doorbell to get their attention.

I truly believe this sort of things should be saved for when you really mean and need for people to ANSWER THE DOOR RIGHT NOW!
Always be polite, even to nasty people. Not because they are nice, but because you are.

secretrebel

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 08:00:34 AM »
Delivery people often do this. It's startling so I think it makes you feel annoyed but I don't think it's intrinsically rude. I think those who do it are people who knock on a lot of doors and have found that the first knock or ring often isn't responded to.

Green Bean

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 10:23:57 AM »
I just did this to a neighbor last week. To be fair, it was an urgent issue. I was driving down the street on my way to work and their dog was out of their gated yard with the gate wide open. I would have put him in the yard and shut the gate, but he backed away from me and growled. I knocked and rang their doorbell several times to alert them. No one ever answered, but I have seen them walking their dog in the meantime.