Author Topic: But I haven't been invited  (Read 26606 times)

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
Re: But I haven't been invited
« Reply #180 on: May 01, 2014, 03:53:01 PM »
Yikes! I'm glad that you decided not to go.

So, your father didn't even RSVP? He waited for the hostess to call him to see if he were coming? Why do they like him so much? He must be very entertaining to have around.

Reaver

« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2014, 10:22:16 PM »
 :o!

WOW the sheer GALL ! You poor thing :-[

sammycat

• Super Hero!
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2014, 10:28:58 PM »
Ouch! I guess there's the answer to the real motivation behind the invite. I'm sorry; that must hurt.  :( >:(

I'd be declining any and all future invitations from them without a second thought.

LeveeWoman

« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2014, 11:15:52 PM »
Ouch! I guess there's the answer to the real motivation behind the invite. I'm sorry; that must hurt.  :( >:(

I'd be declining any and all future invitations from them without a second thought.

I might be wrong, but I don't think I'd even bother to decline.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2014, 11:22:18 PM »
Wow, instead of an invitation they might as well have just sent you a note that said "Hey we want your dad to come to stuff, but we don't have the time or gas money to get him here and back, so this is your standing invitation to everything so you can bring him, k? Thanks!"  >:(

sammycat

• Super Hero!
« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2014, 11:57:53 PM »

I might be wrong, but I don't think I'd even bother to decline.

Truth be told, I doubt I'd bother RSVPing either.

cutejellybeen

« Reply #186 on: May 02, 2014, 08:00:29 AM »
Wow, I'm sorry OP, thats rough!!

What did your father say to that? I hope he stood up for you!

lkdrymom

« Reply #187 on: May 02, 2014, 11:55:28 AM »
I wasn't too happy that he thought it was ok not to respond at all but sometimes etiquette is lost on him. He is an adult and I will not tell him how to live his life.  The RSVP was not due until today so maybe my aunt heard I declined then called him, I really don't know. My father said he was happy to be invited to the baptism but was not expecting to be invited to every birthday party. He thinks he was invited just for the gift. I can't say if that was true or not.  I also told him that my aunt's call confirmed that I was only invited so he had a ride and he agreed. I told him it was pretty insulting to me and he agreed. I know to never expect him to stand up to his family for me. The fact that he agreed with me is a big step for him, normally he would make excuses or tell me I was too sensitive.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #188 on: May 02, 2014, 12:14:53 PM »
I'm glad you went with your instincts. I have been following the thread, but had nothing original to post until now. Hugs

Eeep!

« Reply #189 on: May 02, 2014, 12:15:02 PM »
I wasn't too happy that he thought it was ok not to respond at all but sometimes etiquette is lost on him. He is an adult and I will not tell him how to live his life.  The RSVP was not due until today so maybe my aunt heard I declined then called him, I really don't know. My father said he was happy to be invited to the baptism but was not expecting to be invited to every birthday party. He thinks he was invited just for the gift. I can't say if that was true or not.  I also told him that my aunt's call confirmed that I was only invited so he had a ride and he agreed. I told him it was pretty insulting to me and he agreed. I know to never expect him to stand up to his family for me. The fact that he agreed with me is a big step for him, normally he would make excuses or tell me I was too sensitive.

I'm glad that he agreed with you. I think it is a big step too!
So happy you declined. Hope you didn't spend too much money on that gift card. ;)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Coley

« Reply #190 on: May 02, 2014, 12:19:07 PM »
Oh no. I've been following this thread, and I'm sorry to hear your suspicions were confirmed. Glad you declined the invitation.

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #191 on: May 02, 2014, 01:36:25 PM »

I'm glad that he agreed with you. I think it is a big step too!
So happy you declined. Hope you didn't spend too much money on that gift card. ;)

POD. I'm sure it feels validating just for your father to acknowledge what you've known for quite some time.

Mergatroyd

« Reply #192 on: May 03, 2014, 11:53:43 AM »

Makes me wonder what happened at the Baptism...
I'm glad you got it sorted out.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #193 on: May 03, 2014, 12:28:45 PM »

I'm so glad your dad agreed with you! I was wondering. But I'm glad you got this opportunity to point this out to him, also. But extra good that he agreed.

And as to the bolded...well, you've been right before...

lkdrymom

« Reply #194 on: May 03, 2014, 01:58:12 PM »
Knowing this couple, I truly believe it is a gift grab but I did not want to say that and have everyone jump on me for making 'an interesting assumption". Past behaviors strongly point in that direction.