Author Topic: I saw the perfect Bean Dip today!  (Read 1501 times)

hannahmollysmom

I saw the perfect Bean Dip today!
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:47:58 AM »
I was in a waiting room to have my hips x-rayed. I waited for an hour to find out the doctor's office used the wrong codes and I couldn't be seen, but I digress.

There was a woman about my age sitting with an elderly woman, and I'm assuming it was grandmother/daughter/granddaughter type thing. The older woman would doze off for a minute, then speak to the younger woman. At one point, another patient got up to get a drink. The older woman turns to the younger and says "you know, I don't think that lady is in her right mind." Rather loudly. The younger woman says "would you like a magazine?"

The younger woman just smiled at me, I smiled back, and I internally gave her a thumbs up, and just kept knitting.  ;D I'm 54 and I hope in 30 years I don't just say out loud what is on my mind! ::)

AnnaT

Re: I saw the perfect Bean Dip today!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 02:36:42 AM »
She might have been reflecting back at herself.

My Mum had Alzheimers and in the early stages we had to be very careful taking her anywhere because of the things that came out of her mouth - she became shockingly racist (and considering she was living with me in a very multicultural area - this was very difficult to manage!) and it was all said in a thoughtful, considered way - she was never yelling or using a nasty tone of voice - it was as if she had travelled back in time 40-50 years and old (wrong) standards were coming to the fore. :(