Author Topic: How long should a tourist be given?  (Read 4679 times)

snowdragon

Re: How long should a tourist be given?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2013, 11:27:09 AM »
I used to work in Westminster in London and walked past the Houses of Parliament twice a day. I didn't stop for tourists taking photos because I would have been there all day and I was on a tight schedule to catch my train. I wouldn't deliberately walk into a shot but I wouldn't risk being delayed on my way home either.

I also live in a tourist-heavy place, and no, I don't stop for tourists taking photos, either, for those same reasons. Otherwise, I'd be stopping every two steps.  ::)

I live outside of Niagara Falls, I used to work in the city. If I had stopped for every photographer I'd never leave home.  I used to stop for folks with serious set ups,,,The ones I could damage if I slipped on ice in winter.  But other than that I went around or through.

menley

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2013, 12:41:02 PM »
I have a bit of the opposite problem - my dog is a bit unusual (for the country I live in) and both tourists and locals will ask me to stop so they can get a photo of/with my dog! I usually just keep walking... I know it's a bit rude, but if I stopped for everyone who asked, I'd never get anywhere.

TOLady

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2013, 12:58:22 PM »
I live outside of Niagara Falls, I used to work in the city. If I had stopped for every photographer I'd never leave home.  I used to stop for folks with serious set ups,,,The ones I could damage if I slipped on ice in winter.  But other than that I went around or through.

"Niagara Falls! Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch.  ;D

Yup - that's what it's like here. I just went downstairs for a minute and there are at least 4 groups taking pictures of the building across the street and the weather is heavily overcast. Those pictures won't turn out well.

I noticed, however, that the other tourists are not generally being so polite so to stay out of camera shot. Strange...