Author Topic: USA college admission process *further background in first posting*  (Read 1355 times)

4children

Re: USA college admission process *further background in first posting*
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 08:50:57 PM »
We did this with my youngest a few years ago. When the child goes to HS the HS will transcribe the records to their standards. This must be accomplished before the HS will even schedule classes.  So when they apply for college it has already been done. Plus public schools do this for free.

dawnfire

Re: USA college admission process *further background in first posting*
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 05:05:38 AM »
I think some of this is going to depend on what your son's residency status will be at the time he applies. Are you just moving here but keeping your Australian citizenship? Then he may have to apply as an international student. On the other hand, if your family is moving here and starting the process to become US citizens, then colleges might treat him as they would any US student who applies.

By the time he has to start applying to colleges in the USA (he's look at colleges in Texas and California), he will only have 6-12 (maybe 18 depending on what year level places him in) worth of records from the USA schools.

I'm not sure what you mean here. Six to 12 what? classes? or something else?

The colleges will want to see all his high school courses and grades.

I think Slartibartfast has it right--probably best to contact the colleges he is most interested in now, and find out what they would want.

6-12 months . As for citizenship hubby is definitely going for it  and i probably will as long as I can keep my Australian citizenship as well.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:21:07 AM by dawnfire »