A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

USA college admission process *further background in first posting*

<< < (2/4) > >>

katycoo:

--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on August 21, 2013, 09:29:24 AM ---I work in transfer admissions. The following information is specific to my school, a public state university.

If you are applying to a US university as a incoming freshman (so no or very little college credit) from an international high school, you will need to have your high school transcript sent to one of the foreign transcript translating services. It will cost around $300 US to have the translation done and sent to the school you are applying to. You will need to take the SAT or ACT and have those test scores sent.

In many cases, with international students, you will need to apply one year in advance and supply all relevant documentation before your application will be processed.

--- End quote ---

I assume translation is only required when the transcript is in a language other than English though..
OP's sons Australian school records will already be in English.

PastryGoddess:
I think that the OP will need international transcript evaluation and authentication.  OP maybe you should look into that now.  How many years do kids in Australia go to school before they head off to college?  Here in the US year 11 is a Junior in high school and a year away from college.

dawnfire:

--- Quote from: PastryGoddess on August 21, 2013, 09:08:18 PM ---I think that the OP will need  and authentication.  OP maybe you should look into that now.  How many years do kids in Australia go to school before they head off to college?  Here in the US year 11 is a Junior in high school and a year away from college.

--- End quote ---

op here:they do 13 years ( prep, 1-12). so that would make him a junior.

PastryGoddess:
Oh yeah, so maybe you should contact one of the transcript evaluation services before you come over to the states.  They'll let you know which records they need

ladyknight1:

--- Quote from: katycoo on August 21, 2013, 08:32:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on August 21, 2013, 09:29:24 AM ---I work in transfer admissions. The following information is specific to my school, a public state university.

If you are applying to a US university as a incoming freshman (so no or very little college credit) from an international high school, you will need to have your high school transcript sent to one of the foreign transcript translating services. It will cost around $300 US to have the translation done and sent to the school you are applying to. You will need to take the SAT or ACT and have those test scores sent.

In many cases, with international students, you will need to apply one year in advance and supply all relevant documentation before your application will be processed.

--- End quote ---

I assume translation is only required when the transcript is in a language other than English though..
OP's sons Australian school records will already be in English.

--- End quote ---

Translation is required even for Canadian schools. Any non-USA school, unless it is on a US military base.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version