Etiquette School is in session! > "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

No, I will not risk going to jail... Waterlight's Spine Story #5 (UD #18)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Waterlight:

--- Quote from: veronaz on August 22, 2013, 03:34:25 AM ---Good grief.  ::)

OP, to answer your question I would not discard anything if you hear from her again.  I would say something like “the job offer was rescinded because (no show/no call), and there is no need for any further contact”.
--- End quote ---

She's aware the job offer has been rescinded--but if I hear from her again, I think it might be wise to respond one last time and one last time only--saying "do not contact us again,"  and that any further contact after that will be considered harassment and dealt with accordingly.

--- Quote ---The reason I say don’t discard anything is you never know……she might have the gall to try to file some kind of complaint – which would go nowhere.  But, you need to keep the paper trail and notes about everything that happened for documentation.  (I'm sure you have better uses for your time, but unfortunately such is life in the business world.)
--- End quote ---

Already doing that...just in case.  And POD to the quote below--we didn't dodge a bullet when we cancelled the job offer, we dodged a nuclear missile!  *Shudder*

--- Quote ---What a piece of work.  The drama you saw thus far is probably the tip of the iceberg.  Imagine what a prize employee she would have been.  ::)

Best wishes finding a drama-free, reliable employee soon.

--- End quote ---

Thank you!

Mel the Redcap:
Yikes! Talk about a narrow escape! I'm sure she would have been just lovely as a coworker. :P ::) ;D

greencat:
Wow.  If she contacts you again, I would suggest that you make a formal request that she cease contacting you. 

BeagleMommy:
I wonder what she would have said if you had responded to the stolen items story with "We'll be happy to reschedule your orientation if you can provide a police report indicating that your phone and other items were stolen".

veronaz:

--- Quote from: BeagleMommy on August 22, 2013, 11:18:15 AM ---I wonder what she would have said if you had responded to the stolen items story with "We'll be happy to reschedule your orientation if you can provide a police report indicating that your phone and other items were stolen".

--- End quote ---

I also wondered about a police report. 

Okay, let’s just say for the sake of discussion that the stolen purse/phone story was legit.  She could have gone into the nearest place of business (fast food, grocery store, gas station) and asked to use the phone to call police AND call OP to at least leave a message, apologize, and say she would report to work as soon as she could.  Surely a friend, relative, SOMEONE could have come to get her, lent her a few dollars to get thru the day, and taken her to work.  What’s this nonsense about “not knowing anyone with a phone”?  And how did she end up getting home that day anyway?  Stolen purse usually means stolen keys…someone has all your ID and they can get into your house/apt.  Definitely a ‘call police right away’ situation.

Stuff happens.  It’s like getting into an auto accident on the way to work at a new job.  You’re frantic, upset, but you have to try to keep your head and you have to deal with it and do what you have to do.

But I have a feeling this woman would have had a convoluted excuse for not filing a police report and for everything else.  I think the stolen purse/phone story was baloney.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version