Author Topic: Giada De Laurentiis has class.  (Read 5522 times)

Lexophile

Re: Giada De Laurentiis has class.
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 01:34:34 PM »
I don't think it's condoning it as much as it is saying, "it's none of my business." I really don't where see someone like Giada has a dog in this race. I can't see it benefiting her in any way to comment. It can only hurt her. Are we asking every celebrity cook to comment on this? Make a judgment without knowing all the facts? Because really, I can't imagine Giada or any other celebrity knows anything more about this than we do and that's what they've read in the media.

Regarding her ratings on the food network, I read that in the Wall Street Journal.

Re: the bolded part:

I think the original article says that she's getting some pressure from fans because Paula's time slots are being filled with Giada's shows.
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim

MurPl1

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 05:00:02 PM »
And that's her fault?  I seriously doubt that Giada went to the network and said "awesome! there's an opening, can I have it?"  No, I suspect it had more to do with her ratings and the number of shows they have to work with.  Sunny may be a lot of fun to watch, but she just doesn't have a ton of shows to fill her own slots and that of another yanked show.

Lexophile

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 12:08:55 PM »
No, it's not her fault. I never said it was. I was just re-communicating what the pressure was all about.
"Submission to what people call their 'lot' is simply ignoble. If your lot makes you cry and be wretched, get rid of it and take another." - Elizabeth von Arnim