Author Topic: I must have done something right!  (Read 1659 times)

hannahmollysmom

I must have done something right!
« on: August 24, 2013, 04:18:40 PM »
Not really a question, just wanted to share.

My granddaughter turned 2 in June. She is getting quite the vocabulary!

Anyways, my daughter, son-in-law and the little girl were over for dinner last night. Right in the middle of dinner, my granddaughter let out a huge burp, and immediately said "Sorry".  Her mother told her that she was supposed to say "excuse me".

Of course I was cracking up internally as I was surprised that someone barely two would even apologize for a burp.

So I guess I must have done something right raising my daughters as they are obviously passing the manners onto the little one!

bloo

Re: I must have done something right!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 05:58:12 PM »
That is too cute!

Good job to you and your daughter!

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 07:31:52 PM »
For a child that young, 'Sorry' for a burp is most impressive.  Congrats to all concerned. 

hannahmollysmom

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 09:06:02 PM »
They have never baby talked to her, as I didn't when mine were little either. She has been saying "Tank you" when ever someone does something for her or gives her something since she was 14 months old. I guess etiquette starts early, as I did with mine, and glad to see my daughter is doing the same.

You always hope you guide them down the right path, and I'm glad to see I did. (Not trying to sound righteous, just glad my teaching worked!)