Author Topic: True Confessions - strange food cravings  (Read 3369 times)

veronaz

True Confessions - strange food cravings
« on: August 25, 2013, 11:08:55 AM »
Okay, here goes.

Every few months I buy a can of vanilla frosting and eat a spoonful or two.  I put the can in the fridge, then maybe a week later do the same thing.  I never actually finish the entire can……sometimes put frosting on a cookie or eventually throw it away.

The odd thing is I don’t like sweets that much (I usually crave meat or salty chips).

But every now and them I have to get my frosting fix.

I’ve known of people who do this with peanut butter, but I don’t know of anyone else who eats frosting with a spoon.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 03:03:13 PM by veronaz »

rose red

• Super Hero!
Re: True Confessions - strange food cravings
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 11:55:20 AM »
May be a bit TMI.  I do not like donuts.  I'm the only one to not grab free donuts.  Yet I crave it during that time of the month.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 01:46:28 PM »
It's not really a "food", but sometimes I just crave salt. Plain salt. Right out of the shaker. Am I just not getting enough sodium or what? ???
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~

m2kbug

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 02:24:48 PM »
Cheese soup.  I hit some serious cravings for cheese soup.  I don't think cheese soup is all that strange, but judging from the looks I get, like I sprouted and extra head, when I mention cheese soup out loud, it must be strange.   ;D

I'm not a big sweet eater, but occasionally melted M&M's.  They have to be warm and melty in the middle.  This is very important.  The M&M has to pop and you enjoy the chocolate innards, leaving behind the candy shell you save in your mouth and crunch on last.

Liliane, salt cravings can be a sign of stressed out adrenal glands.  Switch to a non-processed sea salt that has the minerals, like Celtic sea salt.  You'll have to go to a health food store or organic food store (or online), as it really can't be found at the regular grocer, but do take care of those adrenals.  I like to munch on salt too. :)

gmatoy

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »
Olives stuffed with both jalapeno peppers and garlic. No, that's not the strange part. The strange part is that I have to have a prune with it. The mix of flavors is sooo good!

veronaz

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 03:05:46 PM »
The strange part is that I have to have a prune with it. The

Wow, this is a new one.  Interesting.

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 04:03:51 PM »
When I am getting over a stomach bug, I crave a hamburger.  Not just any hamburger, but a lukewarm mystery meat burger like the ones they served at camp in the '90s.  Fortunately, I have no means of getting a mystery meat burger.  But I still crave one.  I wonder why.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 06:45:38 PM »
sometimes I like to eat a few spoonfuls of baking soda. 

veronaz

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 06:47:42 PM »
I've sprinkled ground coffee on top of ice cream.

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »
I love to dip corn chips in instant garlic mashed potatoes. It's one of those things where each tastes fine by themselves, but put them together and woo-hoo!  ;)
Darn it, now I'm craving them and I don't have the potatoes... :(

*nibbles forlornly on naked corn chips*
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »
Fries dipped in blue cheese dressing. I discovered this one summer in college, while waitressing. At first thought yuck, but like they say, don't knock it until you try it! now I'm hooked.

Moralia

• That's just tacky, tacky, tacky!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 10:13:08 PM »
When I am getting over a stomach bug, I crave a hamburger.  Not just any hamburger, but a lukewarm mystery meat burger like the ones they served at camp in the '90s.  Fortunately, I have no means of getting a mystery meat burger.  But I still crave one.  I wonder why.
This might sounds weird, but try the Morningstar Farms plain fake burger patties, if those don't do it, try Boca Burger.  A lot schools and camps used/use mystery meat extended with textured vegetable protein.  If either of those taste "right", maybe your body just wants the soy.

I found out about this flavor similarity when a friend tried one of my fake meat burgers and exclaimed that they were just like the burgers she loved in Middle School.

My weird craving, a sandwich consisting of mayo, bean dip, pepperoncini, watercress and sharp cheddar on whole wheat bread.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 10:25:18 PM »
Saltine crackers crunched up in a glass of milk. It was always a favorite snack of my mom and me... It's pretty much my "nothing's gonna make me smile" comfort food.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

doodlemor

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 11:08:14 PM »
When I was a child I used to eat bread with just mustard spread on it.  Perhaps that was a deficiency, because I really craved it.  Also when I was a kid I used to make "milk shakes" from milk and chocolate syrup and a banana that I mashed up thoroughly for a long, long time until it was turning brown.  Yuck to both treats.

Now that I'm an adult I also eat leftover frosting from the fridge with a spoon.  I'm not the only one here who does that - it never lasts long enough in this house to be used for any logical purpose.

Liliane

• Licensed to Squee
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 11:17:27 PM »
Cheese soup.  I hit some serious cravings for cheese soup.  I don't think cheese soup is all that strange, but judging from the looks I get, like I sprouted and extra head, when I mention cheese soup out loud, it must be strange.   ;D

I'm not a big sweet eater, but occasionally melted M&M's.  They have to be warm and melty in the middle.  This is very important.  The M&M has to pop and you enjoy the chocolate innards, leaving behind the candy shell you save in your mouth and crunch on last.

Liliane, salt cravings can be a sign of stressed out adrenal glands.  Switch to a non-processed sea salt that has the minerals, like Celtic sea salt.  You'll have to go to a health food store or organic food store (or online), as it really can't be found at the regular grocer, but do take care of those adrenals.  I like to munch on salt too. :)

Dangit...now you've got me craving melty M&M's...I have to admit those are pretty darn good!

The salt thing doesn't happen often, thankfully, but I'll keep that in mind. :)

Another craving - coffee beans. I like to take chocolate covered ones, eat all the chocolate off them, THEN eat the bean. Unless I'm lazy!
~I'm just standing with you, in the darkness between battles~