News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• April 01, 2015, 09:42:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: True Confessions - strange food cravings  (Read 4195 times)

veronaz

True Confessions - strange food cravings
« on: August 25, 2013, 11:08:55 AM »
Okay, here goes.

Every few months I buy a can of vanilla frosting and eat a spoonful or two.  I put the can in the fridge, then maybe a week later do the same thing.  I never actually finish the entire can……sometimes put frosting on a cookie or eventually throw it away.

The odd thing is I don’t like sweets that much (I usually crave meat or salty chips).

But every now and them I have to get my frosting fix.

I’ve known of people who do this with peanut butter, but I don’t know of anyone else who eats frosting with a spoon.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 03:03:13 PM by veronaz »

rose red

• Super Hero!
Re: True Confessions - strange food cravings
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 11:55:20 AM »
May be a bit TMI.  I do not like donuts.  I'm the only one to not grab free donuts.  Yet I crave it during that time of the month.

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 01:46:28 PM »
It's not really a "food", but sometimes I just crave salt. Plain salt. Right out of the shaker. Am I just not getting enough sodium or what? ???
"So, what did you wish for?"
"I wished for... World domination, of course."

m2kbug

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 02:24:48 PM »
Cheese soup.  I hit some serious cravings for cheese soup.  I don't think cheese soup is all that strange, but judging from the looks I get, like I sprouted and extra head, when I mention cheese soup out loud, it must be strange.   ;D

I'm not a big sweet eater, but occasionally melted M&M's.  They have to be warm and melty in the middle.  This is very important.  The M&M has to pop and you enjoy the chocolate innards, leaving behind the candy shell you save in your mouth and crunch on last.

Liliane, salt cravings can be a sign of stressed out adrenal glands.  Switch to a non-processed sea salt that has the minerals, like Celtic sea salt.  You'll have to go to a health food store or organic food store (or online), as it really can't be found at the regular grocer, but do take care of those adrenals.  I like to munch on salt too. :)

gmatoy

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 02:52:37 PM »
Olives stuffed with both jalapeno peppers and garlic. No, that's not the strange part. The strange part is that I have to have a prune with it. The mix of flavors is sooo good!

veronaz

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 03:05:46 PM »
The strange part is that I have to have a prune with it. The

Wow, this is a new one.  Interesting.

Just Lori

• USA
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 04:03:51 PM »
When I am getting over a stomach bug, I crave a hamburger.  Not just any hamburger, but a lukewarm mystery meat burger like the ones they served at camp in the '90s.  Fortunately, I have no means of getting a mystery meat burger.  But I still crave one.  I wonder why.

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 06:45:38 PM »
sometimes I like to eat a few spoonfuls of baking soda. 

veronaz

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 06:47:42 PM »
I've sprinkled ground coffee on top of ice cream.

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 06:48:37 PM »
I love to dip corn chips in instant garlic mashed potatoes. It's one of those things where each tastes fine by themselves, but put them together and woo-hoo!  ;)
Darn it, now I'm craving them and I don't have the potatoes... :(

*nibbles forlornly on naked corn chips*
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »
Fries dipped in blue cheese dressing. I discovered this one summer in college, while waitressing. At first thought yuck, but like they say, don't knock it until you try it! now I'm hooked.

Moralia

• That's just tacky, tacky, tacky!
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 10:13:08 PM »
When I am getting over a stomach bug, I crave a hamburger.  Not just any hamburger, but a lukewarm mystery meat burger like the ones they served at camp in the '90s.  Fortunately, I have no means of getting a mystery meat burger.  But I still crave one.  I wonder why.
This might sounds weird, but try the Morningstar Farms plain fake burger patties, if those don't do it, try Boca Burger.  A lot schools and camps used/use mystery meat extended with textured vegetable protein.  If either of those taste "right", maybe your body just wants the soy.

I found out about this flavor similarity when a friend tried one of my fake meat burgers and exclaimed that they were just like the burgers she loved in Middle School.

My weird craving, a sandwich consisting of mayo, bean dip, pepperoncini, watercress and sharp cheddar on whole wheat bread.

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 10:25:18 PM »
Saltine crackers crunched up in a glass of milk. It was always a favorite snack of my mom and me... It's pretty much my "nothing's gonna make me smile" comfort food.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

doodlemor

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 11:08:14 PM »
When I was a child I used to eat bread with just mustard spread on it.  Perhaps that was a deficiency, because I really craved it.  Also when I was a kid I used to make "milk shakes" from milk and chocolate syrup and a banana that I mashed up thoroughly for a long, long time until it was turning brown.  Yuck to both treats.

Now that I'm an adult I also eat leftover frosting from the fridge with a spoon.  I'm not the only one here who does that - it never lasts long enough in this house to be used for any logical purpose.

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My Dreamwidth
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 11:17:27 PM »
Cheese soup.  I hit some serious cravings for cheese soup.  I don't think cheese soup is all that strange, but judging from the looks I get, like I sprouted and extra head, when I mention cheese soup out loud, it must be strange.   ;D

I'm not a big sweet eater, but occasionally melted M&M's.  They have to be warm and melty in the middle.  This is very important.  The M&M has to pop and you enjoy the chocolate innards, leaving behind the candy shell you save in your mouth and crunch on last.

Liliane, salt cravings can be a sign of stressed out adrenal glands.  Switch to a non-processed sea salt that has the minerals, like Celtic sea salt.  You'll have to go to a health food store or organic food store (or online), as it really can't be found at the regular grocer, but do take care of those adrenals.  I like to munch on salt too. :)

Dangit...now you've got me craving melty M&M's...I have to admit those are pretty darn good!

The salt thing doesn't happen often, thankfully, but I'll keep that in mind. :)

Another craving - coffee beans. I like to take chocolate covered ones, eat all the chocolate off them, THEN eat the bean. Unless I'm lazy!
"So, what did you wish for?"
"I wished for... World domination, of course."