Author Topic: True Confessions - strange food cravings  (Read 3461 times)

Specky

Re: True Confessions - strange food cravings
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2013, 11:18:05 PM »
Wallaby brand cultured sour cream spread over a crispy chocolate chip cookie from the Fresh Market.

doodlemor

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 11:32:30 PM »
Wallaby brand cultured sour cream spread over a crispy chocolate chip cookie from the Fresh Market.

That sounds really good.  Right now I wish there was something chocolate and delicious in the house.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2013, 07:20:02 AM »
Nutella on butter flavored popcorn.  It is so freaking good.  Just get a glob on a butter knife and dip into popcorn, eat and enjoy.  Popcorn is also really good if you eat it with snickers or milky way candy bars (when I did this I'd just get one or two of the snack size ones).  Now I have discovered a love of frozen sugar free Reese's cup minis.

I am one who loves peanut butter and pickles (preferably bread and butter, though spicy garlic ones are pretty awesome as well).

For a while I would crave iceberg lettuce or sliced tomatoes with copious amounts of salt.  None of which I actually like all that well (turned out to be a form of pica due to severe iron deficiency anemia).
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

m2kbug

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2013, 09:28:52 AM »
I once knew someone that would get a craving for hot dogs with peanut butter.  Um, ew?  He insisted they were really good, but I have yet to actually get up the nerve to try it. ;D

nayberry

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2013, 10:59:39 AM »
McD's fries with extra salt dipped in their choc shakes nomnomnom

hubby likes marmalade on his toast under his scrambled eggs....

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 11:08:53 AM »
Every now and then, I get an urge for a blast from my youth.  That would be a square piece of crumb cake sliced in half lengthwise and used a the base for a liverwurst sandwich. 

There was also the round, baked and warm potato knish with a scoop of chopped liver on top. 

Bliss.

alkira6

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2013, 11:16:47 AM »
I just made this - crescent roll dough spread with nutella and seedless raspberry jam. Roll it, bake it, and serve warm. Most people stop here, but I spread mine with full fat sour cream.  Nummy.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2013, 12:19:22 PM »
I like Thai peanut sauce and sweet chili sauce on virtually anything.

I love Goldfish crackers mixed with pretzels and Chex mix. Yum!

I make an awesome apple maple bacon muffin too.

squeakers

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2013, 04:33:17 PM »
Liver (no onions).. but since I am lazy I make do with braunschweiger (liver  paste ).  One of my friends turned me onto making a Reuben on Rye but subbing in the braunschweiger instead of the corned beef.

I make a sandwich at least 2 or 3 times every month usually after TMI time.  Must have to do with the high amount of iron in the meat.
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2013, 04:44:19 PM »
I once knew someone that would get a craving for hot dogs with peanut butter.  Um, ew?  He insisted they were really good, but I have yet to actually get up the nerve to try it. ;D

I tried that when i didn;'t have any bacon for making fried peanut butter and bacon sandwiches. Definitely not the same.
My most common craving is seafood, and that is usually when i am coming home from camping, just about every time. I also get that craving for plain salt. The most odd, considering i don't really like butterscotch was one night years ago when i absolutley had to have butterscotch pudding. I remember dragging my at-the-time boyfriend through the grocery store as i literally ran to the pudding aisle to buy a ton of it.
And now i crave seafood :) Maybe i'll stop on the way home; there have been some great sales lately.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 05:26:56 PM »
Someone else beat me to the french fries dipped in chocolate shake. I *love* the combo of salty/sweet hot/cold.

I also salt my watermelon (a regional thing).
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

Moonie

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2013, 05:56:35 PM »
I salt my watermelon as well. Also salt my apples sometimes, and always put salt and pepper on cantaloupe and honeydew melon.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2013, 06:06:03 PM »
I salt my watermelon as well. Also salt my apples sometimes, and always put salt and pepper on cantaloupe and honeydew melon.

My father always salted his melons.  His idea was that, in hot weather, more salt was advisable. It actually was very tasty.

On the other hand, MIL would pick beautiful tomatoes from her garden, slice them for lunch and sprinkle them with sugar before serving.  That made me cry a little. 

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2013, 06:36:01 PM »

My father always salted his melons.  His idea was that, in hot weather, more salt was advisable. It actually was very tasty.

On the other hand, MIL would pick beautiful tomatoes from her garden, slice them for lunch and sprinkle them with sugar before serving.  That made me cry a little. 

No no SALT goes on tomatoes, not sugar

starofwinter

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2013, 08:58:59 PM »
I just got a craving for, and made, a potted meat sandwich.  Looks like cat food, tastes like childhood.