Author Topic: What are you watching?  (Read 471 times)

Dr. F.

What are you watching?
« on: August 26, 2013, 06:48:21 PM »
Sort of a spin-off from What are you wearing?

I'm starting this because I'm watching something on TV that I'd never have thought I'd say I watched. I felt the need to "out" myself as a horrible TV watcher.

I am currently watching Pia Zadora on Celebrity Ghost Stories. She's still beautiful and remarkably articulate. Erin Moran is on the same episode, also very engaging.

Mods: Please move to Entertainment if you think this would be better there. I was torn.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What are you watching?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 06:59:40 PM »
I've been watching Star Trek: Voyager with DH.  I wasn't a huge fan of Star Trek growing up so I never saw this during its run but it is a really enjoyable show. :)  The Doctor cracks me up as does some of the dry remarks that Seven of Nine makes about other cast members. 

My sons have asked me who my favorite character is and I honestly can't pick one because I like quite a few of them.  Today they asked me for my favorite episode and again, not one I can easily pick.  I will say some of my favorite moments are when Janeway acts maternally towards some of her crew, like Kim, Kes or Seven.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 07:10:57 PM »
At 8PM, I'll probably be watching the MTV Video Awards show.  It's a re-broadcast. 

I started watching it last night but got turned off after the third time the host said, 'I axed' instead 'I asked'.  Also, the idea of completely covering the intersection of 6th Avenue and Dean Street in red carpet seemed a little much. 

Still, I'm intrigued because the brouhaha was held not that far from where we live.  If it doesn't work out, I can always watch Antiques Roadshow or Dinner Impossible. 

Julia Mercer

• Country Gals Fan Page
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 07:20:38 PM »
As I type this, I have Degrassi on, otherwise flipping thru the channels trying to find something decent.

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 09:24:25 PM »
Watching "Longmire" marathon leading up to season finale tonight. Kinda hooked on it I think. :)
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark

Jelaza

• Meow
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 10:52:14 PM »
I just got cable TV for the first time, and lately I've been watching Food Network a lot.  Other than that, DVDs of Doctor Who and Torchwood

snowdragon

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 01:04:12 AM »
As I type: Magnum :PI on netflix.

On cable  I love Dance Moms, Project Runway and Double Divas.