Author Topic: Need help with unfriendly coworker  (Read 4860 times)

sidi-ji

Re: Need help with unfriendly coworker
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 08:06:22 AM »
Thanks to all for the advice.  I had some days off and when I returned to work there was an opportunity to interact, but she avoided me.   I think that  she was cautioned
about the yelling, and got a major smackdown.  Since then  she has muttered "good morning", and been clearly surprised that I've been civil.  So far all is calm
 :).

Lynda_34

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »
Good luck.

BeagleMommy

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2013, 02:18:16 PM »
Thanks to all for the advice.  I had some days off and when I returned to work there was an opportunity to interact, but she avoided me.   I think that  she was cautioned
about the yelling, and got a major smackdown.  Since then  she has muttered "good morning", and been clearly surprised that I've been civil.  So far all is calm
 :).

I would still be cautious with this woman.  Things may seem calm now, but I can almost guarantee she will do this sort of thing again.  Right now she is pouting that she was called on the carpet for her behavior.  When things start relaxing, she will start up again.

HGolightly

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2013, 04:48:42 PM »
Document, document, document any and all such incidents should HR or your DM become involved. This will cover yourself should she face serious disciplinary action or termination and decide that you are the cause. I would still dialogue with a supervisor even noting the change in behaviour (frame with a positive) and as a question of how to handle future incidents.