Author Topic: Problems in the ladies' room  (Read 28552 times)

weschicky

Problems in the ladies' room
« on: August 27, 2013, 01:32:51 PM »
We are on a floor of a building with two offices.  For the last five years, the other office has been vacant.  We have new neighbors.  All of a sudden, someone in the ladies' room has terrible aim, resulting in wet toilet seats.  This was never a problem before they moved in a month ago.

Is it ok to post a sign that says "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be sweet and wipe the seat"?  I know signs can seem passive-aggressive, but trying to figure out who in their company might be the best one to address the problem seems inefficient.

LeveeWoman

Re: Problems in the ladies' room
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 01:35:01 PM »
We are on a floor of a building with two offices.  For the last five years, the other office has been vacant.  We have new neighbors.  All of a sudden, someone in the ladies' room has terrible aim, resulting in wet toilet seats.  This was never a problem before they moved in a month ago.

Is it ok to post a sign that says "If you sprinkle when you tinkle, please be sweet and wipe the seat"?  I know signs can seem passive-aggressive, but trying to figure out who in their company might be the best one to address the problem seems inefficient.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

Goosey

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 01:37:12 PM »
I think for a work environment, I would be less cutesy, but that's just my personal preference.

"Please make sure the seat is clean when you leave. Thank you."

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 01:52:25 PM »
I think for a work environment, I would be less cutesy, but that's just my personal preference.

"Please make sure the seat is clean and dry when you leave. Thank you."

Added a couple of words there.   ;D

veronaz

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 02:07:05 PM »
eewww.   ::)  I think a note is fine.

After a few messes in the ladies' room at one of my old jobs (I'll spare the details) a "Please flush" note was posted in the stalls.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 02:09:31 PM »

"Please make sure the seat is clean when you leave. Thank you."

I think this is a good idea.  Direct and to the point. 

Does your ladies' room have seat covers?  If not, I'd get some pronto.  Yuck.

doodlemor

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 02:10:33 PM »
This behavior is a great annoyance to me - I find it incredibly egregious.

How about a sign that says something like, "If you plan to hover, please lift the seat first so that it stays clean and dry for others."  Evil doodlemor can think of many things to post, but they are not within the realm of polite.

The seats in the ladies room at Wegman's are always clean, because the store provides seat covers.  Perhaps you could get management to supply seat covers and dispensers.

You know, the problem will end up being worse than the seats, because these squatting female canines will end up spattering the floor, too.  So disgusting. 

SlitherHiss

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2013, 02:19:38 PM »

"Please make sure the seat is clean and dry when you leave. Thank you."

Added a couple of words there.   ;D

This. Absolutely. No need for cutesy euphemisms. Just be direct, and to the point.

This behavior is a great annoyance to me - I find it incredibly egregious.

How about a sign that says something like, "If you plan to hover, please lift the seat first so that it stays clean and dry for others."  Evil doodlemor can think of many things to post, but they are not within the realm of polite.

The seats in the ladies room at Wegman's are always clean, because the store provides seat covers.  Perhaps you could get management to supply seat covers and dispensers.

You know, the problem will end up being worse than the seats, because these squatting female canines will end up spattering the floor, too.  So disgusting. 

You know, finding the urine of others on the toilet seat is pretty heinous in my book, too, but I don't really think calling the offenders *itches is appropriate in the slightest.

mrkitty

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2013, 02:20:35 PM »
I think this issue goes beyond a lack of seat covers (even though they are a wonderful thing.)

We leased a small office when we had our company. We also encountered a similar problem with the facilities when a new neighbor moved in. We contacted management and explained the problem - within a month, the problem was over. Three months later the problem neighbor was gone. This sounds like something to me that I would take to the building management that your company pays rent to. Let them find out who is doing this and make it stop.
Learn from past. Live in the present. Hope for the future.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2013, 02:23:22 PM »
i would go with direct and not cutesy.

But i hate to say that my experience in life has been that there are those who keep the restrooms clean and have no need of a sign, and there are those who don't and all the signs in the world aren't going to help.

*I* don't get it. I don't understand how anyone over the age of 5 can walk away from a toilet without flushing. or why women leave all sorts of used parephenlia just out there in the open. or if they drip on the seat, to not wipe it off. i don't get it.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

shhh its me

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 02:30:09 PM »
  I might start by letting building maintenance know just in case they want to offer seat covers and so the new neighbors can get an "unofficial" complaint , who knows all the innocent woman in the new office may think its you guys and let them post the sign.   Also if its an office with 2 single use bathrooms if this continues I may ask for one keyed unisex bathroom for both offices.

It's gross enough that I'd become a squeaky wheel.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 02:43:33 PM »
Is there any way it is flushing with such force there is splash? I do agree the note should not be cute.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2013, 02:46:20 PM »
Is there any way it is flushing with such force there is splash? I do agree the note should not be cute.

The OP said it hadn't been a problem for the previous five years -- until the new neighbors moved in.  So unless it's a very recent malfunction, probably not.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2013, 02:50:38 PM »
I am very interested in this thread. We have college aged women and older in our building and our housekeeping person is run ragged trying to keep everything clean. I can't believe some of the things I and my co-workers find in our bathrooms.

Library Dragon

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »

The OP said it hadn't been a problem for the previous five years -- until the new neighbors moved in.  So unless it's a very recent malfunction, probably not.

It is possible.  The school where I worked we were fine for the first several years.  Then there was a change in the water pressure lines.  I was mentally berating other faculty members for leaving a mess when someone mentioned in passing that they hated that the toilet now made such a splash. 

We hadn't changed equipment, but there had been a change in the city's water lines. 

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter